Tools to take to the track

CETRacing

Sorry if this has been a post before, but what is on everyone's must have list for tools & supplies to take to the track?

Tire gauge, pump/ compressor, screw drivers, a socket and wrench to fit every fastener on the kart, spare bolts, nuts, washers for all the common fasteners, fuel, helmet, gloves, suit, beer, food, water, oil. That's a god start. There is a lot more. It all depends on what you are running, what you expect to have to service and what you have for spares.

Look up nogoats.net has a few good lists for track and trailer needs... also some safety suggestions.. I like extra nuts and bolts related to gears, hubs, and motor nuts and bolts. zip ties, duct tape, air gauge, stagger tape, compressor, generator if you can get them.... i picked up the little two stroke generator from harbor freight... good for lighting and most small compressors. The list could go on... Some one to help you is always the best thing to have..

Air tank, tire gauge, doubles of every wrench 1/4-3/4 and 10mm !!
Full socket set, Allen wrenches, screwdrivers, 1/4 impact, feeler gauges, zip ties, duct tape, chain breaker and big ole hammer.

Air tank, tire gauge, doubles of every wrench 1/4-3/4 and 10mm !!
Full socket set, Allen wrenches, screwdrivers, 1/4 impact, feeler gauges, zip ties, duct tape, chain breaker and big ole hammer.

This is pretty good ; maybe a hacksaw and file.

Bare minimum two screwdrivers pliers 7/16 1/2 3/4 wrench's and sockets 10-15 mm air gauge hand pump hammer duct tape and zip ties.
Throttle cable and connections dot five brake fluid.
Lug nuts, wheel studs , clutch and axle keys .
If you go too tech and a two day event gaskets for engine .

Don't forget couple of spark plugs and a few air filters, change them every time when you come off the track, extra fuel pump and fuel filter, not a bad idea to keep some springs

Bolts and nuts, safety wire.
You won't need an extra engine till you have one go bad, an miss the feature or lose a championship.
Let's face it your gonna need everything , and that's not enough.

Bolts and nuts, safety wire.
You won't need an extra engine till you have one go bad, an miss the feature or lose a championship.
Let's face it your gonna need everything , and that's not enough.

YESSS... and if you have multiple karts multiply everything! This was our first year and we progressed thanks to the help of other racers. You won’t get it right the first second third forth etc... go over your kart and get all the tools you would use to tear it down to bare frame and throw a few all purpose tools in. These are In case you break a tool or have damage (hammer, channel locks, needle nose, saw, impact, and drill to mention a few) next thing about your wear item such as fuel line, spark plugs, air filters, lug nuts, wheel studs, bearings, etc... you will have to make mistakes to learn. Unfortunately that’s the way we all start! Good luck!

P.S. when you make a mistake you’ll never forget again!

Hey, I remember leaving Fairmont wv race track, storm had cancelled things. Needed chainsaws to get out the road. Lucky, someone had some, scary night

I actually use to race there about 15 years ago. That was an awesome track, huge tire wall off of turn one, pond going into turn 2, and a bank to slide off of coming out of 2. totally believe the chainsaw was needed. It was out on the bank roads.

I also have everything mentioned in the above post(Except the Chainsaw :) ) Can have 2-4 karts on any given evening of racing, so I have multiples of everything from race ready Axles, 30 or so rear gears, 18 drivers of different sizes. Nuts and Bolts out the Guru, Can basicly build a kart or 2 out of my traier(just add chassis).. But I Always make sure my Floor Jack and Jack Stands stay in the trailer in case of a flat on my way to and from the track..

Make friends with as many people at the track as you can.
Take lots of cash.
Never underestimate what can break, I think I have broken every part on a kart. Except the steering wheel. Never had to replace one at the track.

Maybe a drill and some heli-coil or time-sert kits in case the header bolts strip.

Back