Track side prep ?

lewisracing00

I have been using the track tac SAA grape during the week and PRW orange at the track. The track is staying wet now so I started with btgp this past week and orange at the track. We only run 15 lap runs and it a bull ring kind of track. The problem is the tires dont seem to come in good until about 5 laps to go. Is there a better track side prep to use to get then up quicker.

I suggest Venom "Red" very early in the week, 2-6 coats , and use Venom Blue/Black 50/50 add a some btgp to it to soften more and more aggression.
Let Venom "Red" cure for at least 5 days.

Tyres will come in faster and stay with you through the whole night.

Hope this helps, you have a good program, tweak it a Lil.
Thanks, KB
venomjuice.com

Sounds like to me the tires are not soft enough. Try to knock them down a couple more points and see if that helps. Also you may want to go more aggressive with your track side wipe, I would recommend Topaz.

I have been using the same weekly wipe and it has picked us up alot. Very simple pre race wipe. Can't go wrong with the Black/Blue.
I suggest Venom "Red" very early in the week, 2-6 coats , and use Venom Blue/Black 50/50 add a some btgp to it to soften more and more aggression.

Thanks, KB
venomjuice.com

Thanks, KB
venomjuice.com

Thanks for the advise but my shelves are full of track tac products right now and its close to the end of the season but I may give it a try next season.

Sounds like to me the tires are not soft enough. Try to knock them down a couple more points and see if that helps. Also you may want to go more aggressive with your track side wipe, I would recommend Topaz.

I got the duro on them at 42 I can use a little more BTGP to soften more maybe 40 or 38 . I dont have the Topaz not sure if I could get it ordered in time this week. But will have it next week and give it a try. Thanks

I would have the tires punching low to mid 30's for the track you described. Also enough bite you could stick them to the wall.

Track tac black sand wiped early in the week, 3-6 coats per day for 2 days should give you a good amount of bite in the tires, but i agree with chris about using Topaz as a more aggressive PRW

I could be wrong, BUT - be careful using some preps on top of others. Black Sand and Krug or goat are ones that I've had guys really struggle with. Each is a good prep, but one on top of another stay real wet and greasy feeling.

I'm not a big fan of btgp, but grape works well. As Chris suggested, Topaz is even better yet at softening quickly trackside. Use Black sand to add bite a week or more in advance. Topaz(or btgp if you have to) to get the duro down where you want it.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I'm gonna stay with track tac products so I don't have to worry with it mixing good or not. I'm gonna put a coat or 2 of black sand on this afternoon. Should I use it again this week or not after today

Chris will tell you differently, but I think it needs some cure time (10-14 days is best in my opinion.) Now, you can cut it with acrysol 50/50 and drive it into the tire to get some of the benefit and bite it provides, but nothing beats cure time with straight black sand. If you're using it this late in the week, I think you would do best to cut it with something.

What kind of tires are you running? Maxxis? Vega? Burris? Hoosiers? If your running pinks and blues on a wet bull ring I would try a set of Burris or Vegas depending on what dirt you race on, is it clay or??

Chris will tell you differently, but I think it needs some cure time (10-14 days is best in my opinion.) Now, you can cut it with acrysol 50/50 and drive it into the tire to get some of the benefit and bite it provides, but nothing beats cure time with straight black sand. If you're using it this late in the week, I think you would do best to cut it with something.

Agreed. If your track is that wet, perhaps BS alone might not be your best prep option. We've had good results with cutting Black Sand, but never really used it for a wet track application, usually something much more aggressive.

What kind of tires are you running? Maxxis? Vega? Burris? Hoosiers? If your running pinks and blues on a wet bull ring I would try a set of Burris or Vegas depending on what dirt you race on, is it clay or??

I'm running pinks and blues. On clay track its nice and smooth has moister all night. Its cooling off some now but during the summer its got good bite. Its never has been dusty.

Back