Track side prep ?

I put 2 coats of black sand on wed night. We'll see how it works. I got another set Im working with just the BTGP nothing else on them.

if it is hard enough for around 40 duro,, i would say blue and topaz and acrosol 1/3 each for trackside, as well as a few coats on monday and a few coats on friday to get in the tire good. btgp always seemed a waste to me on maxxis tires. i have used it on wet tracks with a tire rule on the inside, 3 oz or so rolled for a few days and topped with topaz or blue and topaz with good results.

I'm not sure whats gonna happen this week we got rain the past 2 day plus the temp has dropped about 30 deg this week. I need to get my prep options a little wider than what I have.

that would be about half a can just for a few days......

even 12 coats isnt half a can unless your literally soaking the pad before you wipe it. My prep gets put in tupperware containers and the prep pad stays in the container, i just open the container, wring out the pad and wipe, it makes a quart of prep last much longer. With black sand, the container needs to be shaken up before using it though. a single quart of black sand will last a month for me, thats wiping it on 2-3 sets of tires each week, 3-6 coats per tire twice a week. Your doing something wrong if your using half a quart of prep in 2 days just wiping it on. thought you were a prep expert?

Back