Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

Any body use track tac at ups in Brookings? Care to share a little of the program? Have heard some say mix black sand and sst5 straight up 50/50
I personally havent heard of anyone mixing those 2 but I know theres a lot of Black Sand used there.

Im not stuck on TT it’s just the only “bite” preps that I currently have on the shelf; Black Sand and SST5 Purple. It became a moot point Sunday evening as I had to leave home for the week for work so I’ll just race them as they are 👍🏼.

Thanks all for the input!
Scott,
You can use TT Black Sand as a Pre Race Wipe if you want. The key is to mix it with a drying agent that makes it dry quickly. Some people mix it with Acrysol or TT Quick Dry. The mix is 50/50. You can vary the ratios if you want. 60/40 or 40/60 or your preference. You decide what is best for you.

We don't add a bunch of quick drying solvents to make it cheaper and dry quicker. We leave that for you to decide. Chris Harris at our office is always ready to hep if you call the office. Chris's main job is helping people get faster and he has been helping people get faster For more than 12 years.

Randy Ransom
Head Chemist at ATTL for Track Tac®
www.tracktac.com

Yes, torched several rounds in to get the duro where we wanted it. I'd say right around 4-5 wipes with 3 of them torched.

Be careful when you torch anything, but especially Goat.
There is at least one neurotoxin in the white smoke coming off the tire treated with Goat.
I have written about this many times over the years and I am not sure how to do it safely

Probably isn't.
When welding with chromium type metals . Before a Fresh air helmet. The recommendation was keep your head out of the plume .

What’s your favorite bite for wiping a week out (or more) in 40-60 degree weather? Looking for something that goes deeper than a PRW. I’ve always liked Black Sand, but TT’s literature says the hotter the better. It’s supposed to be in the 50’s at race time this coming weekend then dropping temps as the night goes on.

I sure hope I can fit into my seat with a parka on??? 😉

I went back and read the OP, and the temperature ranges hit me. Let me start with one thing never to do.
Never use Track Tac® BTGP-Red if the air temperature drops below 50 DegF and you are putting it on the outside of the tire. Using Track Tac® BTGP-Red as part of an inside mix for rolling a tire, even if the air temperature falls below 50 DegF, is acceptable.

As for cold temperatures, we are always amazed at how much Track Tac®SAA-Grape we ship to people in the northern states and race on ICE with slicks. We can't say who is using it, Chris 336-474-3500 can help on how to use it, and Chris has more information he can share.

Chris is always available to help from 8:30 to 4:00 by phone.
Everyone's goal at ATTL and Track Tac® is to make racers faster.
We have been in the chemical business and helping customers since the 1890's. We have been in the industry for over 125 years.

How/Why, what do we look for to know they need re-rolled? speaking in general on tires not just karts

Duro reading mainly. If it's an aggressively wiped tire and has hardened up, I would just wipe the outside to get the duro down. The main reason to reroll Maxxis tires is to get a harder, tougher tire back in the duro range you are looking for without having to load the external with a prep to achieve the same result. 2 tires punching 45 with one done from the outside and one done from the inside are 2 completely different tires.
Best explanation i have seen on the subject . (y)

Remember that Chris can be reached on weekdays by calling 336-474-3500

That's the logic that the tracks are using anyway. :)

I've wanted to post this for years, and will post it just this once:
In the past I've wondered just how many many folks "followed" ALL of the tracks. And how many of the "followers" were still following. Each track would have it's own "followers" but how inflated are those numbers? And are they just preaching to the choir? Maybe what they think is happening ain't so.

I don't care anymore, my site is here to use, or not use. I've completely demonetized the site, and don't make a nickle from it.
I still care about karting a lot, but I've quit worrying about it, I just do what I can to keep this site running and spam free.
Ok I'm sick and tiered of hunting through each every track Facebook pages to find a race on a given Saturday. Lots of us don't have Facebook, and don't want it.. Why is it so hard to post your tracks schedule on the most prolific karting forum known? You wonder why your kart counts are down and you always have the exact same people in classes.. why your money races don't have a turn out? Because half of us don't have Facebook and you have all migrated there.. it's disappointing...

I said my piece in 2017 on the day after Cooper moved on. I realized how much time I wasted on Facebook and could never get back. Cooper was a great dog and deserved more from me. I was one of the gossipy people who squandered precious time when I could be doing something with an animal who didn't want to leave my side.

I'd rather be here on Bob's than on FB.

When you’re putting tires away for the winter how do you prep for storage?
Sand like you’re prepping to race/WD40/wrap?
Just WD40/wrap?
Do you use paper towels to hold WD40 then wrap?
Do you use something other than WD40?

Thanks in advance.

I would keep them in a climate controlled environment and wipe them with Tire Tuff Mint before you put them away and then a coat when you pull them back out of storage. Mint has zero solvents unlike WD-40 so the product will stay with the tire over the winter.

Can I ask what type of preps are being used while going to the track. Are all of these firing agents or aggressive preps being used the same?

What Track Tac prep would be the closest to an old school red prep for Burris Tires? East Tennessee tracks still roll strong on the old school stuff. Godspeed and Ashway for the junior classes.

What Track Tac prep would be the closest to an old school red prep for Burris Tires? East Tennessee tracks still roll strong on the old school stuff. Godspeed and Ashway for the junior classes.

Ill be honest we dont have anything like the old school red prep.

Can I purchase this from you. I have trac tak tire wash does that work the same. Would you roll in hot box for a bit if so what temp. Thanks
Tire Wash works good but our Track Tac Ice Blue Mounting Lube is what you need. The Ice Blue is designed for mounting, it is super slick and dries to a powder. You wont have any issues getting the tire on the wheel and when its dry theres no risk of it coming off.

This is such a great thread for Track Tac Customers.

A couple weeks ago I went to Clay City in Kentucky for the first time. I was originally just planning to run the Welch Race in May. While there a couple weeks ago I was told to ignore the current conditions when preparing for the May event. It was mild, windy, sunny and extremely dusty. I used Black Sand and Acrysol and it seemed fine considering I won my class. I decided that I would travel down for this coming weekend and run the bigger race. I have tires wiped with two wipes of Black Sand and ready. However, the weather looks like it is going to be raining every day until Saturday. Was also told they will be applying Calcium. Considering the rain and calcium I do not think my Black Sand tires will work unless the tracks really dries out through out the day.

The track is NOT a red clay track but instead it seems like a hard dirt track with some grit on the surface. Seems sandy but abrasive. The weather looks nice 70 degrees and sunny. Qualify during the day and race at night.

What Track Tac product would be good for this track? Good Water content and Calcium. Qualifying and Features.

This is such a great thread for Track Tac Customers.

A couple weeks ago I went to Clay City in Kentucky for the first time. I was originally just planning to run the Welch Race in May. While there a couple weeks ago I was told to ignore the current conditions when preparing for the May event. It was mild, windy, sunny and extremely dusty. I used Black Sand and Acrysol and it seemed fine considering I won my class. I decided that I would travel down for this coming weekend and run the bigger race. I have tires wiped with two wipes of Black Sand and ready. However, the weather looks like it is going to be raining every day until Saturday. Was also told they will be applying Calcium. Considering the rain and calcium I do not think my Black Sand tires will work unless the tracks really dries out through out the day.

The track is NOT a red clay track but instead it seems like a hard dirt track with some grit on the surface. Seems sandy but abrasive. The weather looks nice 70 degrees and sunny. Qualify during the day and race at night.

What Track Tac product would be good for this track? Good Water content and Calcium. Qualifying and Features.
BTGP????

Better than goat pee
Track Tac product.
I had the impression that BTGP was for a wet track. I'm sorry if I mis-lead but I don't think this will be a wet track. I just think it will be a typical dry track that is NO Longer a dry track for this event. I may be wrong and the track could go dry by the end of the day. I don't want to drop duro at all if possible. With that do you still recommend BTGP?

So I guess what I am looking for is a non-wet and non-dusty prep to use. I considered using Ruby but it may not be strong enough for medium bite tracks.

Back