Triton setup

Beeman

Picked up a used 13 Triton a couple weeks ago. Tore and down and cleaned everything up. Put a new m&m body on it and got it on the scales. This is how it sits right now. Clone on Burris 33s

I don’t have any numbers from prc.

Attachments

• B707948A-671E-4FB7-A98C-25F875C9426E.jpeg
    B707948A-671E-4FB7-A98C-25F875C9426E.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 152
Stateline didn't race at all last year. 2019 they had two races, 2018 they had two races. I haven't heard anything about Scott opening. I heard Waynesfield might have a few more races this year. MWROC is July 24. Cridersville has weekly or almost weekly shows.
Cridersville
Nose 46-46.5
Left 59
Cross 62
Stock caster 8LF 12Rf both plates forward
+ 1/2 LF camber -2 1/2 rf camber.
1 1/2 front stagger
1 1/2 rear stagger

This is all just a ballpark. You will need to make adjustments at the track. Cridersville is tricky. 3 and 4 are very tight you'll need to ride the brakes and get the kart up against the wall in the center of the corner. Don't be surprised if you need to back the corner up in 1 and 2. Same thing in the center of the corner right up against the wall. Try not to hit it. Also don't try knocking the walls on the outside down either(ask me how I know).

Top one is Burris, we’re in NY, mainly 1/5th and smaller tracks.
9/12 caster both blocks back
1/4 LF 2.50 RF camber
1-3/4 front 1-1/2 rear Stagger

Stateline didn't race at all last year. 2019 they had two races, 2018 they had two races. I haven't heard anything about Scott opening. I heard Waynesfield might have a few more races this year. MWROC is July 24. Cridersville has weekly or almost weekly shows.
Cridersville
Nose 46-46.5
Left 59
Cross 62
Stock caster 8LF 12Rf both plates forward
+ 1/2 LF camber -2 1/2 rf camber.
1 1/2 front stagger
1 1/2 rear stagger

This is all just a ballpark. You will need to make adjustments at the track. Cridersville is tricky. 3 and 4 are very tight you'll need to ride the brakes and get the kart up against the wall in the center of the corner. Don't be surprised if you need to back the corner up in 1 and 2. Same thing in the center of the corner right up against the wall. Try not to hit it. Also don't try knocking the walls on the outside down either(ask me how I know).
Thanks man. Hopefully I’ll get over there to a few races.

Tried a bunch of different set ups with the triton including the ones above, all were fast but what ended up best with burris 33's was.
LR pill down, RR pill at zero, 8 & 12 caster both sides rear holes, 59 % left, 46.5 % nose, 68 % cross MIn if more even 70 % OK , tick shy of 3 RF neg camber, .25 LF pos camber. The set ups given will be little more forgiving if tires are off a little.

Good Luck !!

Tried a bunch of different set ups with the triton including the ones above, all were fast but what ended up best with burris 33's was.
LR pill down, RR pill at zero, 8 & 12 caster both sides rear holes, 59 % left, 46.5 % nose, 68 % cross MIn if more even 70 % OK , tick shy of 3 RF neg camber, .25 LF pos camber. The set ups given will be little more forgiving if tires are off a little.

Good Luck !!
Thank you!

Good Luck !!
What type cuts were the tires?

We just got a 2015 Triton. We will give it a go. I was just about to ask about a good starting point and seen this thread. We are running Clone Heavy and Medium and are also racing at Cridersville. Hope to hit Waynesfield, Martinville, and Eldora. Thanks for the input. We ran about 15 years ago and getting it going again. It’s gonna ba a blast.

Good Luck !!
Take the nose to 47.2 and this thing will be even faster :)

Back