ultrasonic cleaner

I have the one from Harbor Freight. They have it listed for $84, but you can find the 20% off coupon and get it for under $70. It works great. I've just been using it to clean chains and bearings. I've used WD40 and it works great, but lately I've been using Simple Green and it works great, too. WD40 probably works better for chains and bearings just because you don't have to worry about getting the water out. Here's a link to the one I have...

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

One thing not to do... I got the bright idea one day to use acetone. It worked fine, until I wondered what that white milky stuff was. Unfortunately the basket you put the parts in that came with the cleaner was made of plastic. I found out that bearings don't roll very well when coated in melted plastic! Brilliant... right! :)

Try using simple green and Wd-40 mixed half and half, it does a great job at cleaning the parts, i spray them off with wd-40 when done and relube, then install back on kart. I prefer parts cleaner solution myself though, just seems to work better than anything else iv tried, i get it at Advance Auto, i forget the brand but there is only one brand of it.

Someone gave me an ultrasonic cleaner and it sat in the box for 15 years until I sold it. completely un-necessary for karting.

I used my to clean a carb. Used 50/50 simple green and water. Also I place the solution and part in a plastic storage bag and submersed that into clean water in the unit. When done you just pull the bag out, this keeps the unit clean.

I have the one from Harbor Freight. They have it listed for $84, but you can find the 20% off coupon and get it for under $70. It works great. I've just been using it to clean chains and bearings. I've used WD40 and it works great, but lately I've been using Simple Green and it works great, too. WD40 probably works better for chains and bearings just because you don't have to worry about getting the water out. Here's a link to the one I have...

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

One thing not to do... I got the bright idea one day to use acetone. It worked fine, until I wondered what that white milky stuff was. Unfortunately the basket you put the parts in that came with the cleaner was made of plastic. I found out that bearings don't roll very well when coated in melted plastic! Brilliant... right! :)

I did that too...like you said....brilliant

WD 40 works good :) for chains and bearings. I spray them out with brake clean and air and then lube them.

Back