Vega tire

Konger10

What is best way to prep vega tires thinking about buying set and preping myself. Trying get little more knowledge on how prep tires. Gonna buy a hot box with tire roller. Looking for used but not find 1 for good price just going buy new

I'm originally from fremont, I know those tracks very well. What ones are you looking at specifically. Or is this for the idiot series?

Semi round - round cut for profile
90cc of venom green in the rights
60cc in the LR and 30 in the LF.
I would finish them at 240. Then wipe 24/7 in them. 3 coats before the first race. Then whatever prep you need to get into the track. Once you get the duro where you want it. All you need to do is wash them, surface them the week of the race. That will get you through a large chunk of vega racing at those places. You will find out after about 8 nights the tire will start slowing down.

What is best way to prep vega tires thinking about buying set and preping myself. Trying get little more knowledge on how prep tires. Gonna buy a hot box with tire roller. Looking for used but not find 1 for good price just going buy new
Thanks for the recommendations guys!
Our Vega program has been strong for a while now.
Our Pink Panther internal (2 ounce right sides, 1 ounce lefts) and get the duro the rest of the way down (if you need - probably not) with Monster Bite. Wipe 2-3 coats of Black Bite 2.0 on during the week and 1 coat trackside each time you come off the track.
As far as size and profile, we have 2 right side profiles we use for Vega thicks. I prefer to work with the 8.00s over the newer 8.50s but we stock both for those that like the new wides.
Give us a call at the shop during normal business hours or leave a message and we'll get back with you.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I thought cridersville was a burris only track. You might want to check the rules at each track before you start going all in on some Vegas.

Semi round - round cut for profile
90cc of venom green in the rights
60cc in the LR and 30 in the LF.
I would finish them at 240. Then wipe 24/7 in them. 3 coats before the first race. Then whatever prep you need to get into the track. Once you get the duro where you want it. All you need to do is wash them, surface them the week of the race. That will get you through a large chunk of vega racing at those places. You will find out after about 8 nights the tire will start slowing down.
What durometer to you like to achieve

It really depends on the situation. My advice would be, get the tire fully ready, cut, surfaced, internal at least 2 weeks before the race. Check the duro at the track and get a base reading(your duro may read different than mine). Keep adjusting your prep through the night to get the grip you feel it needs. Wash and surface the tire the next day and check duro. Normally on my duro a Vega right out of the wrapper is 45 on the duro. Once I internal them and let them Sit for a few weeks I see very little drop Normally 40-42 area. Then depending on where I'm racing will determine what I do and what I wipe with. For you're area I would start by wiping 24/7 at the track and keep adding boost till you feel like you have enough grip. You may need to wipe multiple times. Don't try and just pound prep in. The vega will get sticky and you'll pick the dust up of the track and slide for a few laps before the tires clean off and start building heat.

Could you run the Vegas without cutting them ? Just surface them and prep? I’m running the same tracks.

Could you run the Vegas without cutting them ? Just surface them and prep? I’m running the same tracks.

Vega has a thin and thick. We typically run the thicks when you need a really soft tire. If you need a tire 35 or harder I would just run the thin rubber tire.

So should I have thicks for Spring and Fall and go with thins in the summer?
No not just because it's summer for same track, The Thins are on track that are Harder and Grip up better , If you would try thicks somewhere and they would lock down with little prep to where the thicks would require All but factory Duro , Then you would try the Thins.

You can, but generally you have the thicks cut to the shape and thickness that you want.
That's what we do for Vegas (on dirt and pavement.) There's a reason that you would want thick rubber vs thin (similar to Burris 33s.) Another consideration is that cutting the shoulders changes the spring rate dramatically. Think about what you need and why you need it, then have them cut to match your needs.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com