Vega's on dirt

Bear Creek are owned by some very very good friends of mine, and wish it was just a bit closer id be there as much as possible to help them. We been friends, and grew up together, even went to high school with the 1( Chris) and the other was younger( Stan) even though hes a BIG guy. Another friend did the track (Donnie), who at one time was in several magazines for best mini stock racer in the south. They are learning, and Stan is a smart guy, he will do right for the racer.
Ok, track was 1st race of the year, it has rained like seems constant, and so im sure it had little bite. You just got the tires and rolled them week of the race, that in itself with Vegas will show more wear because of the fresh tire along with the amount of air you ran for that track.
Resurface that tire, dont put as much air in it and it will more than likely clean up.

Rolling them in so late could have been part of the problem too. I know nothing about Bubba's internal prep, so without experience with it I am in no position to say it was right or wrong for the track. If you're using it to knock the duro down, it's probably pretty harsh (acetone, xylene, etc. base.) Based on the quantity used, it sounds like it works similarly to our Pink Panther. Probably not too much internal in them, just not enough cure time for the track conditions. I'd still like to know if the tires got real hot - that would be an indicator to me if they were too soft or not. Keep in mind that durometers don't always read the same too -- one guy's might read 30 while another's reads 23.

Rolling them in so late could have been part of the problem too. I know nothing about Bubba's internal prep, so without experience with it I am in no position to say it was right or wrong for the track. If you're using it to knock the duro down, it's probably pretty harsh (acetone, xylene, etc. base.) Based on the quantity used, it sounds like it works similarly to our Pink Panther. Probably not too much internal in them, just not enough cure time for the track conditions. I'd still like to know if the tires got real hot - that would be an indicator to me if they were too soft or not. Keep in mind that durometers don't always read the same too -- one guy's might read 30 while another's reads 23.
No I wasn't using the internal to knock the duro down I was using goat to do that which I no is very harsh as well!

Little follow up on the same tires! Resurfaced and wiped with black sand a week before race! Track was totally different this week a lot smoother and had a lot more moisture in it! Didn't wipe anything before I went out I lowered air pressure quite a bit and practice wasn't too good it was pushing like a plow so I then wiped a light round of insanity black let dry really good and qualified 7th of 12 in medium! Tires was much better than was in practice so I wiped a pretty heavy coat of same prep and let dry not as much because I ran out of time! Anyhow set on the pole out of 13! 1st race I should've won I had the fastest kart was going for p3 on lap 10 and got locked together with other kart caution came out and went to rear w/only 5 laps remaining and ended up p5! 2nd race was a lil slow on start and 2nd place guy got into my lf rear actually folded my body almost in half (and didn't break or crack it either mite I add)in front of lf rear tire and was rubbing holding me back tremendously I couldn't figure out what was going on until after race was over finished p7!

IMG_20240422_124017011.jpg

Back