VooDoo Setup

Im back again, trying to learn and understand how setup works and what adjustments i need to make or should look at.

Im running an older trick olimpic voodoo at Millbridge in DNQ Pro Cup

class is stock predator 425 class. i weighed in light so ill have to add a couple pounds but this will give me an idea. ill share what i hve right now and would love some recommendations.

gearing /17T - 70T

Camber LF +1 / RF - 2.5

air pressure
LF - 4 / RF - 5
LR - 4 / RR - 5

weights
LF - 96 / RF - 96
LR - 144 / RR - 86 total 422

nose - 45.50%
left - 56.87%
cross 56.87

This setup ran horrible. was extremely tight until the last two laps and it freed up a good bit.

my max RPM all night was 4600, i can only assume it was due to the push and not having enough corner speed.

Gear rule has us at a 17T 65-68(69 - 70 if over 220) or 16T 61-64(65-66) ......
Remember that a smaller driver on the clutch will help you get up to speed off the corners and you will reach your target rpms quicker down the straightaway. Are you over the 220 mark?

Treads are going to require some adjustments . IMO.
Stilll id drop teeth . With either driver . and pump up the air .
Add cross if better add more . If worse reduce cross .

Remember that a smaller driver on the clutch will help you get up to speed off the corners and you will reach your target rpms quicker down the straightaway. Are you over the 220 mark?
Oh yeah! I’m a fat ass. I’m 237. I did not realize that about the driver helping that.

1/2 front
7/16 rear
There is your PUSH try 1 1/4 " front and rear . Increase cross to 67 % , Increase left to 57.7 % to 58 % , Increase RF neg camber to 2.65 , More Air for Feature min 8 & 7 , Not sure what to say about gearing because confused with there options they chose , unless the goal was to make sure everyone was gear bound , because I can't Imagine your NOT , I'd try a 16 / 61 and see if RPMs Increase , IF that hits 4800 I'd NEVER change that gear combo , If more speed is needed I'd find it elsewhere starting with what could be done to the tires .

There is your PUSH try 1 1/4 " front and rear . Increase cross to 67 % , Increase left to 57.7 % to 58 % , Increase RF neg camber to 2.65 , More Air for Feature min 8 & 7 , Not sure what to say about gearing because confused with there options they chose , unless the goal was to make sure everyone was gear bound , because I can't Imagine your NOT , I'd try a 16 / 61 and see if RPMs Increase , IF that hits 4800 I'd NEVER change that gear combo , If more speed is needed I'd find it elsewhere starting with what could be done to the tires .
Last year with the same gearing I was running 5-5100 rpm , just extremely loose and no speed. Cross was around 52% then and 59% left, my goal from that was to tighten it up a smidge to help gain momentum.

Last year with the same gearing I was running 5-5100 rpm , just extremely loose and no speed. Cross was around 52% then and 59% left, my goal from that was to tighten it up a smidge to help gain momentum.
Last year did you ever remove teeth from the rear lowering the number of the rear gear by say 3 teeth and see what happened to your RPMs If the stayed same around 5100 or dropped some ?

Adding Cross Always Tightens from a Static Weight Effect , Don't Believe me read the other thread Left side percentages and cross - relations,
I'd suggest reading the entire thread , Read post # 3 First by JWD .

Back