VP racing fuel

Blakec9

Hey guys, I have been told some people are running VP 4.4 in some slightly modified CRF450r's. I am looking around at my options that are local and wanted to know if VP113 regular would be ok to run in the same application. I don't have access to VP 4.4 at the moment and need something that will work in its place. Any suggestions on what VP would be best?

It will be ok if your compression ratio is 14:1 or less and you might have to re- jet the carb because it's an oxygenated fuel if that's even allowed in your class.

VP C12 would be an option.

Ok, I run RWYB so no rules. I am currently set with stock jetting in my carb. I am running 93 octane pump gas now but wanted to try VP. Is there another VP fuel you would recommend?

Just run 110. The performance between that, 4.4, C12 are negligible in smaller engines. Especially since you’re currently getting away with running 93 with no detonation.

Hey guys, I have been told some people are running VP 4.4 in some slightly modified CRF450r's. I am looking around at my options that are local and wanted to know if VP113 regular would be ok to run in the same application. I don't have access to VP 4.4 at the moment and need something that will work in its place. Any suggestions on what VP would be best?
91 non ethanol.

We use to get 100 octane at certain Sunoco stations right out of the pump, if you can find one of those.

EC is right on. More octane DOES NOT mean your engine will go faster.............................................
More octane means you will go faster if you have the compression for it. But a motor made for gas will not pick up when extra ethanol is thrown at it. Infact I believe your motor will ever run a little hotter. They don't have the compression to burn that extra octane so it isn't needed.

I wasn't asking if the fuel would make me any faster. I was just asking what VP would be suggested. Having a better controlled fuel like VP has to be better then pump gas. You never know exactly what your going to get from the pump. I understand people have much success using pump gas but I personally wanted to try a VP fuel.

Back