Was the Hemi predator just a temporary inventory item?

$35 for the complete head with awesome rockers??? Seems too good to be true. Somebody buy a couple of these and let us know how it went.

I used to import many product from Asian and Italian sources, it is a crap shoot especially the Asian route. Many times you get what they send, order jets by the 100 and end up with carberator bowls. Cost too much to send them back so you eat their mistake. You are better off on a small scale to stick with the importers that you have now. You may order these heads save 10 bucks pay ridiculous shipping, you may get stuck with import fees, and when it is all paid up you get to open the package to find run of the mill clone heads. Anybody want carb bowls, how about pilot jets without Orings, the Orings over here cost more than the pilot jets did.

We had a couple of the hemi Predators at our track in our sealed motor class. We had to separate them from our reg. predator classes. The hemi performance is significantly better, not far off from a reg. box stock. My understanding Harbor freight is no longer importing them because of reliability issues, overheating and valve train. I have one of each and the difference is night and day.

well ive been on the phone with many people today regarding these and found out these are NOT being discontinued... there is so many old stock motors in warehouses all over the country and they claim that there is no differce between the old and the hemi (which we all know there is) so when stocking stores they just grab from warehouse and with the old style still being made is gonna be more old stock than hemi predators for a while... i called 7 stores and all had old style predators but 1 store... they HAD 11 hemi engines and 9 old style predator.. so its basically a gamble if your local hf is gonna have 10 or 0 just dont know unless u find out when there truck comes in and go weekly to see for yourself.

Hey guys, don't know if anyone has realized. .....wait for it....

The hemi 212 is powering the 3200w hf generators. They have the red blower housing. The sticker on the blower housing specifically says Loncin. Even the one on the display is the hemi version. At least it is at the store in Jacksonville fl.

If you're desperate and happen to be in the market for a generator.
Easy head swap.
Just a thought.

My guess HF is ordering motors with slight changes every so often.
They did discontinue the 196's when they were made aware that they were being raced and wanted no part of that liability.

See there...two totally different reasons why HF stopped making the 196's. People should really know more before they post a "fact" Or maybe throw a disclaimer in there like, "What I heard was" or something such as that. So much nonsense!

As for me, I'm going with the lawsuit thing because I trust Bennie to know what he's talking about.

See there...two totally different reasons why HF stopped making the 196's. People should really know more before they post a "fact" Or maybe throw a disclaimer in there like, "What I heard was" or something such as that. So much nonsense!

As for me, I'm going with the lawsuit thing because I trust Bennie to know what he's talking about.
Ask Jerry dover what happen, HF sold 196's after the honda lawsuit, the motors changed.
People abused the no question's asked return policy, HF got curious as to why so many were being returned, there questions were soon answered when people starting buying pallets of them for KART RACING, it was then HF changed the type of motor they were selling, and also changed there return policy, now returned engines are sent to a repair shop.
I was racing clones before Benny even knew what one was, most of the country didnt even know, and at that point and time everyone laughed at the clones

^ correct in the return policy; also that returned motors are being questioned??? The Loncin vs Lifan gig = cost

I have been a member of this site since 1998, I remember when there was NO clone talk at all, in fact when they were first mentioned on this site, anyone who raced them was common trash and laughed at.
Half of the engine builders on this site didnt even exist, and the majority of the builders on this site said they would never build a clone, until they seen the $$$ that changed the tune

It is a dollar and cents game, these box stores don't care where the product comes from, who it goes to, or how it is used. They are approached by suppliers, package deals are made, money changes hands, product gets shipped, stocked and sold. You do not have to be a big name to play, you can buy at the same level, you just have to commit to the quantities and show your US dollars, the seller does not discriminate. This is very evident when you look at Sears products, you will have no idea what engine is on their mower until they put it on the floor next season, buy a Kohler small engine, buy a Coleman generator, heck go buy an MTD product, or a Troy Built. The lawsuit by Honda was years ago the early seventies, Honda supposedly won, they are smart enough to realize they cannot spend that kind of money everyday to fight a losing battle in court. The copy infringement on small engines is only an annoyance to them, it isn't even a distraction now, companies all over Asia not only China are copying designs. Look at cars it is hard to tell if you are approaching a Hyundia or a Mercedes. GM had it so bad they had to partner with Chery in China, if you can't beat them join them, they build them as well and cheaper let's use theirs.

As far as returned motors, that is the North Americans greedy attitude that changed that, Lets face it, it was dishonest and unfair to the company. Blatant product misuse, expectation of complete reimbursement, and then boldly advertise what you are doing. Put yourself in those shoes, you are a US manufacturer or supplier, you provide a product, your customer knowingly destroys it, your customer expects you to reimburse or replace. In my business(s) I would rather lose you as a customer, than lose my business because of you as a customer, I will deal with and honor my loyal trustworthy customers.

The argument will be made that why not return them they allowed us, it was actually lazy employees that did not check the policy or look at the product on return. You know you went in there hoping not to encounter a sales person that would recognize the modifications you made (govenor removed etc)

It is a dollar and cents game, these box stores don't care where the product comes from, who it goes to, or how it is used. They are approached by suppliers, package deals are made, money changes hands, product gets shipped, stocked and sold. You do not have to be a big name to play, you can buy at the same level, you just have to commit to the quantities and show your US dollars, the seller does not discriminate. This is very evident when you look at Sears products, you will have no idea what engine is on their mower until they put it on the floor next season, buy a Kohler small engine, buy a Coleman generator, heck go buy an MTD product, or a Troy Built. The lawsuit by Honda was years ago the early seventies, Honda supposedly won, they are smart enough to realize they cannot spend that kind of money everyday to fight a losing battle in court. The copy infringement on small engines is only an annoyance to them, it isn't even a distraction now, companies all over Asia not only China are copying designs. Look at cars it is hard to tell if you are approaching a Hyundia or a Mercedes. GM had it so bad they had to partner with Chery in China, if you can't beat them join them, they build them as well and cheaper let's use theirs.

As far as returned motors, that is the North Americans greedy attitude that changed that, Lets face it, it was dishonest and unfair to the company. Blatant product misuse, expectation of complete reimbursement, and then boldly advertise what you are doing. Put yourself in those shoes, you are a US manufacturer or supplier, you provide a product, your customer knowingly destroys it, your customer expects you to reimburse or replace. In my business(s) I would rather lose you as a customer, than lose my business because of you as a customer, I will deal with and honor my loyal trustworthy customers.

The argument will be made that why not return them they allowed us, it was actually lazy employees that did not check the policy or look at the product on return. You know you went in there hoping not to encounter a sales person that would recognize the modifications you made (govenor removed etc)
Well Said; I agree wholeheartedly as I mentioned the American Way someday people will open their eyes...................maybe

Back