What would you do

Dam if u do dam if u don't. I cared my child to the police after she was beat and nothing was done but I did get full custody after judge saw the pictures but no charge for mom. So yea I think I would have knocked the blank our of him

That's a shame. My son and I have had horrible nights at the track but never would dream of doing that. **** poor is how I see it..

Several years ago, I was at a dirt track when a father picked up his kid by the front of his driving suit, screamed in his face and threw the kid on his back. No sooner than the kid hit the ground, 3-4 bystanders jumped on this guy and thumped him good...then called the police. The father was taken away in cuffs.

from the legal standpoint. he struck another individual, regardless, it was an assault. he should be reported at the least, but I do understand what you did and the actions that you took. you handled the situation as best as you could without resorting to any physical confrontations. this is a good thing. bad thing is that you saw the son's face. now this may be an isolated case, but with 20 years experience as a cop behind me, I can honestly say that it in all probability wasn't and isn't....it's a power thing...some people look at others as weaklings and decide to take matters into their own hands and treat others with contempt...

personally, I don't like confrontations that could possibly lead to a physical altercation....but in this case, I think that some might have been warranted. you just don't go hitting on a kid....yours, mine or others....you just don't do it....

I applaud you in what you did and what you are going to do to show that behavior like this is not going to be tolerated....but do so from a position of power...let him know, in no uncertain terms, that you WILL report the next case...and you don't have to witness it...if the youngster shows up even looking like he's been assaulted, you let him know that you will call the cops...don't let him intimidate you like he does with his family...

just sayin... you did good....

Last night seen a terrified kid in a JR class come across the scales,not an unusual thing to see while I was teching the fuel I was waiting on kid to replace his fuel cap dear old Daddy was intently talking to kid and holding him closely using his hands to describe the on track situation of 2 karts side by side it appeared to me.Well ol Daddy back hands the kid in the face kid was wearing his helmet I know what I did and I wonder if it was correct.Old Daddy is over 300 lbs about 5-9 or so kid is about 2 1/2foot tall maybe 75 lbs?

Just seen this thread, I assume this was purple plate class? I saw some rather bad behavior in the pit of a plate driver myself!

Hopefully this will be were it stops! Its something the vast majoritiy of us are doing for fun,,, weve got to remember this! These young guys and girls need praise and patience, not a hot headed adult or parent acting foolishly when they themselves could not do any better!

Back