When is it time to give it up?

You might want to consider quitting/giving it up when you can't get out of the cart without help. I had an idea of a swing out geriatric bar to assist us older folks ( I'm 56) but nobody seemed to think that was a good idea so I figured figured you should be out to pasture when you can't get out of the seat by your lonesome.

Get out anytime, no one holding a gun to your head ...........................????????????

Jamiespop: get a deer sling. around here they use them to hoist Bambi into the back of the truck. Mounts to truck receiver and works pretty well (on deer.) I can sure see using it to help the exit process from the kart! Alternate: roll the kart over on its side and just crawl out! Start a new trend!

DD

Jamiespop: get a deer sling. around here they use them to hoist Bambi into the back of the truck. Mounts to truck receiver and works pretty well (on deer.) I can sure see using it to help the exit process from the kart! Alternate: roll the kart over on its side and just crawl out! Start a new trend!

DD
Heck I needed one of those last year at motorama

I couldn't believe my eyes as I opened Bob's myself to begin penning an article almost identical to this one. Having started in 1989 not competitive at all but more as something fun to do on the weekends and anyone who ever raced at Willowdell in Ohio can tell you that the atmosphere at the track was like NO other karting facility to date. It had a soul all its very own and the crowds, smell, sounds, views were just something out of this world. I guess you could say those of us who grew up or cut our teeth at Willowdell have been spoiled. Having been in and out of karting a few time in the past 25 years it is really easy to see the pros and cons of still being in it today. After so many years of running competitive, it's hard to just settle for fun again. Yet running at the level I want to run at costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time away from my family whom irregardless of what they think, I do love with all my inner being.

I fight with this struggle daily...and I mean daily. In my better attempt not to hijack your thread and ramble on for ever about what it was I came here to ramble about, I'll start my own thread on this very similar subject matter as well. Look me up under, "My life in karting". I'm not the right person to give you advise either way as I'm stuck in the very same rut you are. What ever you decide, best of luck and I hope it brings peace to you.

Paul

Been racing since I was 15 started in moto cross then got into micro sprints
tried my hand with bigger cars on dirt but found karting to be just right
55 years old and still going.we even have some guys at our track in there
70's your never to old.

Back