Which stock predator to run

It's a large indoor track. There's video on facebook from an outlaw kart race from last year. Look under 2015 Outlaw Kart Winter Nationals on facebook, scroll down a little.

Ok I just looked and that's a big building/track. It looks like they host many different types of events so the track will be built for the race, not sure how much banking you'll end up with. Are you allowed to put the 11.8# springs in the motors? How does the track deal with them going soft and the resulting loss of RPM if not?
If you can run 11.8# springs, I'd go with the Hemi.
If you need to richen it up, carefully take a heat gun to the carb float and you can tweak the tab that pushes the needle and seat up, downward. It will raise the fuel level and richen it up across the board. This is a fine adjustment, .010" or so. Too much and it won't close and gas will overflow the carb.

Stock as it came out of the box with a wienie pipe and muffler. I wouldn't mess with too much. They will tear them down and they must have stock parts as they came out of the box.

Why in the world you want to pick on us? :(
Not everyone runs by the same rules and some places are allowing more than others..
Without the actual rules I myself couldn't recommend any part or modifications..
If those are the rules they still have a lot of loop holes due to variations of the engines..
Go buy 10 engines.. Remove govenors.. Install pipe and dyno.. The outcome will probably show you 2 of the engines are very good,, another 2 will be boat anchors and the other 6 in the middle.. With my luck I know what I'd end up with.. :( .. But heck I'm just out there to ride around.. :)

You guys do realize the best performing weenie pipes cost near as much as the entire engine..
Don't need to add aftermarket parts to make them run better either..
And the magical question is >>> WHAT"S STOCK when no one has measurements to go by?

BTW we don't mark our carbs when someone sezz they have a claim rule...

I would have never spoke if our products wasn't brought up..
As mentioned,, rules are different all across the USA and we have to know them when talking to people.. WE don't like the intentional cheating either and our business has been based on that since day 1 (1972)..

I am in no way downing your products Jerry. I love your carbs and cylinder heads, have several. I wish I could run my HM2(stamped so I can't run it). It's a rocket on my hemi. I need to order one of your pipes matter of fact. The problem is everybody (not mainly here, but on facebook) asks if they can run their engine that they run from their track. Trying to keep this simple and fair with a stock out of the box motor with a small header. I wish I knew half of what you know, mines just a guessing game. There will be some pushing the limits, as we all try to do. Hopefully the playing field is close to level with the rules. I'm going to work on tires and set-up and see where the chips fall.

Last edited:
Only living about 1 1/2 hours from Guthrie I thought about attending the race. But after reading the above posts and then reading the post about the race, think I am going to change my mind. Pays $500 to win, but a $90 entry (plus $35 two day pit pass). I totally agree above, engines will be MORE than true stock-out-of-the-box. When did the same here in Kansas for a couple of years. Engines couldn't truly be teched. We finally had to go with a club sealed engine. That is what mine is and plan to keep it that away.

Back