Why are results never posted on Bob's for the big races?

mecimore

Site Supporter
Ever noticed this. All the local tracks post their weekly results on Bob's. It seems that the promotors would post results to reward the karters that came out to get the big bucks. I don't like going to mylaps and having to search through it to find out who won. Just wondering why they can not take a few minutes to post them. They had time to advertise their race on Bobs. ???

Because most of the time they are posted on Mylaps. Kartsport Media also does a good job on keeping everything updated on Twitter.

Actually, each race, mentioned on Bob's should have a followup narration of how the "feature" race went.
It is a symptom of the amateurish promotions which keeps karting from becoming the 1st rate motorsport it should be, and IS in Europe.

If the race is touted on Bob's then it should be reported on Bob's. Going to mylaps or other such source, entirely misses the potential
for excitement that a good report of the "feature" race, and characters involved.

Karting is possibly the worst promoted sport in the history of motorsports.

Not only here, but many times scores can´t even be found on Mylaps. Other than that I don´t think anyone here would like how karting works in Europe, with 3 classes and local races having like 6 entries on many cases and under 30 total entries. As bad as you might think this is here it is much better for most karters than overseas, unless you are one of those with unlimited funds to spend. I´ve been there.

Observation...........

Kart promotion is primarily directed to potential participants to the promoted event............hopefully to encourage and entice those participants to pay and play in that event.............promotion is not directed to a fan base, or spectator base interested in a kart event.

Once an event is completed, the monies collected, bills paid.........then it is time to promote the next event in order to keep the incoming money flow going.............

Participants in an event will know "who won"...............

Public interest in race results rarely brings in any money for the past event..............so is another "cost", without promise of return.

Most tracks have no interest in providing free entertainment to non-participants..........that is, general public readers wanting race results.

All True Statements.
They are able to post to promote the event . multiple times even daily. for several weeks or even months.
No follow up, rarely any follow up.

Kartsport Media usually does a write up after each event they are at. Also they are doing live feeds and live updates from the races they attend. I dont know how much better of promotions you can get.

Kartsport Media usually does a write up after each event they are at. Also they are doing live feeds and live updates from the races they attend. I dont know how much better of promotions you can get.

Liked their Facebook page. There is a cost for getting the videos and updates from the website.......

Yeah I wanna pay $50 a year for results! That's cool....somebody should just do it for free to put em out of business!

Yeah I wanna pay $50 a year for results! That's cool....somebody should just do it for free to put em out of business!

I didnt pay for it, but as a business owner i know theres a cost. They ran Kartsport Media for free for a while at no cost to anyone...except for those running Kartsport Media.
Do you think they should travel to the race, motel rooms, etc., then at the race take their time for live feeds, also the web site costs money, and the gas....AND do all this for free?

Cant expect them to work for free people..we should be happy someone is doing live feeds. Anyways, most race results are in the track forums.

Cant expect them to work for free people..we should be happy someone is doing live feeds. Anyways, most race results are in the track forums.
See results for the Ford F150 in the forums? Tri-state series? Maxxis Nationals? I don't have a problem paying, I pay here on Bob's and glad to do it. I think the thread got off a little here with Kartsports media. I just would like to see results here, if they advertise their race here, they should put results for us karters/fans of karting.

I didnt pay for it, but as a business owner i know theres a cost. They ran Kartsport Media for free for a while at no cost to anyone...except for those running Kartsport Media.
Do you think they should travel to the race, motel rooms, etc., then at the race take their time for live feeds, also the web site costs money, and the gas....AND do all this for free?

Nope... but I thought that's what advertising was for............

It's nothing to do with bob's and everything to do with the material not being available from the race promoter. The sport shouldn't have to rely on "media" companies for results. Write-ups and stories sure. Results no.
If anyone feels that a lack of followthrough is good for the sport and it's OK then I have to say I disagree.
Start a thread on an event, come back to it and followup, its that simple. Yes it's work.

In terms of Kartsport media and such karting media outlets. If you want coverage and stories either put your hand in your pocket to pay a little for their time, or you can have sponsors pay for the coverage and expect it to be contorted to suit their brand.
I'd rather pay the money and save myself from the propaganda.

How much does Jayski charge for their website?.....not a cent.... the money needs to be rasied thru sponsors not joe public..... that's all I have to say. .

Very Very few results in the track fourms. Lots of promotion.
Kart sport media is a whole different deal.
The op Asked about Bob's

Back