Why are results never posted on Bob's for the big races?

Actually, each race, mentioned on Bob's should have a followup narration of how the "feature" race went.
It is a symptom of the amateurish promotions which keeps karting from becoming the 1st rate motorsport it should be, and IS in Europe.

If the race is touted on Bob's then it should be reported on Bob's. Going to mylaps or other such source, entirely misses the potential
for excitement that a good report of the "feature" race, and characters involved.

Karting is possibly the worst promoted sport in the history of motorsports.
VERY-VERY True! However....'Karting' has Always been that way and (more than likely) it will likely Stay that way! It's an amature sport and Only the racers care! Sad, but true!! Results on MyLaps are ez too find (if posted) by simply keying 'Results' and 'Karting'.

How much does Jayski charge for their website?.....not a cent.... the money needs to be rasied thru sponsors not joe public..... that's all I have to say. .

I just took a look at Jayski. It's mostly what's called an RSS feed aggregator. It pulls in content from various sites and presents them on a page with links. Thats a lot different to writing original content. Its a neat idea, and they have done it very cleverlu but its not the same as what kartsport, EKN and so on do where they are writing their own content from scratch.

I have an rss news aggregator page built and tested for kartpulse, however the problem is there is only so much content to pull. For NASCAR there's a lot more to choose from.

One feature I plan to have for kartpulse is for each club (and or track) to have a page with various tabs. One of the tabs will be results. On the backend the club will enter a mylaps URL for their club and the data will be presented on the clubs kartpulse "page"

Sure, Twitter is free....... for now.... But its YET ANOTHER place to have to go to get information. Is there anyone who actually WANTS to keep switching between Between mylaps.com, various clubs websites, facebook, twitter, forums, EKN, B4C, etc etc to get results?

Sponsorships are good, until all you hear is the sponsor's message.

How much does Jayski charge for their website?.....not a cent.... the money needs to be rasied thru sponsors not joe public..... that's all I have to say. .
What attracts paying sponsors is lots of paying "Joe Publics" attending events in large numbers.
Sponsors get their sponsoring money from lots of Joe Publics paying for their product or service.

What keeps kart tracks open and running is money from Joe Public as participants. If tracks had paying spectators (Joe Public).........who would attracts more paying sponsors, then the participants (Joe Public) could pay less..........but the track program would have to be geared toward attracting, entertaining, and keeping the paying spectators (Joe Public).........and not to lots of participants. (Joe Public)

Isn't posting results more for the folks that didn't go to a race?

Yes, but some of us are at other racing events and maybe not to the level of the 'pro' events, but follow racers that are. Where did the 'big' name finished today. It is like Nascrap. I can not spend 4 hours on the couch watching a race, but like to see the results... LOL

Maybe kart tracks should "up" the gate fee, "up" the entry fee, and lower the payout to pay for the costs of keeping race results posted regularly and "on time" for those who expect to be served by the track....after the event.
If a track employee received a paycheck for the duties of compiling and posting race results on a public access media, then the results probably would be dependable.

Earl, Bob has advertisers on here ..im confused

They are supporters of this site, and advertise products for the race industry.
Typical advertisers are Visa, Mastercard, etc., where you make the advertising dollars to have a site for free or a low cost. This site will never have that as Bob refuses to let them in a place like this.
Kartsport Media isnt in a position like Bob is to get that kind of attention yet.

Lotsa Joes did not go to the race for a truck race due to little things like posting results

The posting of results had nothing to do with that kartcount. The Lucas Oil Race, with the addition of the Morees Kings, and once again having it at Paradise, and the fact that it pays very very little for the kids is the reason for the declining kart count.

Yes, but some of us are at other racing events and maybe not to the level of the 'pro' events, but follow racers that are. Where did the 'big' name finished today. It is like Nascrap. I can not spend 4 hours on the couch watching a race, but like to see the results... LOL

So where did you see those results at?

Another Tri-State Dyno Cam Race and no results. All people are complaining about is having to pay about is $10 to enter.

Thumbs up to the 'Over $40,000 Unilli Money - Whynot Southern Showdown, Meridian, MS - April 5th', they posted their results in their post!

Still can't find results from Callahan's first race or Fruitland Park this past weekend. Bob's should have a results specific thread.

Still can't find results from Callahan's first race or Fruitland Park this past weekend. Bob's should have a results specific thread.

Check their Facebook and websites. If local race tracks were to start posting results for local races we would have several hundred posts to have to weed through to see them.

I just moved to SC from DeBary.

message boards/forums don't really lend themselves to making this kind of stuff easy to navigate, especially as pointed out by SoCo tire, you'll end up with masses of text. The core issue is that there isn't a streamlined/integrated way for organizers to publish results efficiently/automatically. Joined this with the issue of information overload thats probably the bulk of the issue there.

I plan to have a lot of this tackled in the next year or so on kartpulse ;)

Back