Why doesn’t Phantom win?

MW05

Before anyone assumes I’m bashing phantom I’m not I have one and have raced them many years. I’ve just noticed they are not winning the big money races anymore like years past and if you disagree with that you are in denial. Also I do think if all these really good teams and pro drivers were on them they would win but they choose other brands not phantom. Phantom doesn’t really have any pro drivers really riding their stuff it’s like they don’t even try to get anyone to ride them. To me it’s like phantom has made a lot money through the years and they don’t really care anymore if they are winning races now or not. They keep coming out with chassis after chassis and I haven’t seen much improvement from one to another as far as results go. This is all just my opinion and something that sure wasn’t the case years ago

Before anyone assumes I’m bashing phantom I’m not I have one and have raced them many years. I’ve just noticed they are not winning the big money races anymore like years past and if you disagree with that you are in denial. Also I do think if all these really good teams and pro drivers were on them they would win but they choose other brands not phantom. Phantom doesn’t really have any pro drivers really riding their stuff it’s like they don’t even try to get anyone to ride them. To me it’s like phantom has made a lot money through the years and they don’t really care anymore if they are winning races now or not. They keep coming out with chassis after chassis and I haven’t seen much improvement from one to another as far as results go. This is all just my opinion and something that sure wasn’t the case years ago
Its called you have to refuse to lose, its mot about what chassis builder u have, btw the baseline stagger for one of the chassis is 2 inches lol for all tracks, very incorrect, stagger is by banking height lower baking equals higher stagger, bigger banking equals less stagger, maybe its the terrible baseline setups, I mean i have an old 2000 CKI laser chassis and I won with it, so its about refusing to lose, but maybe its the stagger lol im still laughing how Phantom claims that the phantom seraph champ kart stagger was 1.25 - 1.75 in, but you can't run that little for a low banked track, for high banked yes, but low banked no, i suggest making your own setup, for example lower banked ovals require less camber, higher baked ovals require more, caster im not sure about but lean it back thats all i know, plus more caster leaned back = more speed, next toe only toe the LF to 1/8 out, and the RF to 0, gearing = shorter track 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 run a smaller sprocket like 50 - 60 tooth and a 12 to 15 clutch, bigger track gearing 1/4, 1/3, 3/8 would be from 60 - 70 tooth or even 80, and a 17 - 18 clutch id say because your running a higher sprocket and you dont want to burn out the clutch, lastly put weights on your kart on the offset, back of the seat, and below the left side of the seat to meet your base weight for your track if you dont need weights for your baseweight, still use weights for setup, you should experiment with them, i Don't have an exact lbs of weight, but i sugest lead weights or barbell weights, I race a 1/5 mile high banked dirt oval, i can give you an awesome setup for that

There's a very simple answer here IF true, they don't have to give chassis away to what's considered Pro drivers to sell chassis, they still sell PLENTY, plus don't full yourself there winning plenty all over the country at fri and sat night events with just your regular Joe wheeling it, to me that's says more than a few Pro racers winning with them . Phantom chassis are still competitive as any other out there ( maybe add a clause ), as long as the driver doesn't follow the advise above lol

Its called you have to refuse to lose, its mot about what chassis builder u have, btw the baseline stagger for one of the chassis is 2 inches lol for all tracks, very incorrect, stagger is by banking height lower baking equals higher stagger, bigger banking equals less stagger, maybe its the terrible baseline setups, I mean i have an old 2000 CKI laser chassis and I won with it, so its about refusing to lose, but maybe its the stagger lol im still laughing how Phantom claims that the phantom seraph champ kart stagger was 1.25 - 1.75 in, but you can't run that little for a low banked track, for high banked yes, but low banked no, i suggest making your own setup, for example lower banked ovals require less camber, higher baked ovals require more, caster im not sure about but lean it back thats all i know, plus more caster leaned back = more speed, next toe only toe the LF to 1/8 out, and the RF to 0, gearing = shorter track 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 run a smaller sprocket like 50 - 60 tooth and a 12 to 15 clutch, bigger track gearing 1/4, 1/3, 3/8 would be from 60 - 70 tooth or even 80, and a 17 - 18 clutch id say because your running a higher sprocket and you dont want to burn out the clutch, lastly put weights on your kart on the offset, back of the seat, and below the left side of the seat to meet your base weight for your track if you dont need weights for your baseweight, still use weights for setup, you should experiment with them, i Don't have an exact lbs of weight, but i sugest lead weights or barbell weights, I race a 1/5 mile high banked dirt oval, i can give you an awesome setup for that
HUH ???????????

I'd like to see where they are recommending those stagger numbers. I haven't seen any of it

Did you bump your head?
If you're winning, that says your competition is suspect

Oh, ok then.

Attachments

• giphy_s.gif
    giphy_s.gif
    67.2 KB · Views: 21
because back in the day that's almost all there was, but now there are so many chassis builders out there, and they learned a lot from Phantom over the years and now passed them. Its like Phantom has been trying some off the wall stuff like the duce, maybe they need to go back kinda old school, and catch up to Kinetik, or Charger, even Ultramax kind of making a little run with the Rival, but they are off and on. Im on a Kinetik and I know at Batesville they done very well and the Chargers.

because back in the day that's almost all there was, but now there are so many chassis builders out there, and they learned a lot from Phantom over the years and now passed them. Its like Phantom has been trying some off the wall stuff like the duce, maybe they need to go back kinda old school, and catch up to Kinetik, or Charger, even Ultramax kind of making a little run with the Rival, but they are off and on. Im on a Kinetik and I know at Batesville they done very well and the Chargers.
Ah back a long time ago there was plenty people ridding them, still was plenty of other chassis out.
And no, it's been proven that one company copied another in several things, so no most didn't learn from phantom

IMO.......Phantoms performance fell off after they quit making the Triton. I though, surely after many failed attempts to better the performance of the Triton with several models, they would go back to it, call it the Triton "Replay" or something like that......I would if I were them, IMO they would sell out of 'em!

I said it first so.....If this happens.....I want my cut! lol

Last edited:
I myself race a Triton, and it doesn't matter what you put on it a predator, clone, 2 stroke, it's competitive. Yes it does like a certain stagger.
I've only had one other chassis that was this way and it was a triple X, by Mike Ward.
I've been looking at other chassis's, but I've found nothing constant as the Triton. I mean some chassis's perform better at certain types of tracks than others. Same with tires.
I know the tritons want last forever, but it my honest opinion Phantom, isn't what it use to be, with it's karts.

I’d b willing to bet that phantom has twice the wins every other manufacturer has combined
That statement is most likely true, because at one time everyone and their brother was on one.
I remember back in the late 90's phantom use to show up at the NC state races and offer free scaling for their karts.
It just seems that the small kart manufacturer are producing just as if not a little better product.

I haven't been around karting for to long but I have heard 10 years ago PRC was the kart to be on. But now from everything I hear it seems like they are quantity over quality because it seems that all their chassis's other than triton aren't liked by as many people. Like they are really tire sensitive and stuff like that. IMO

There's a very simple answer here IF true, they don't have to give chassis away to what's considered Pro drivers to sell chassis, they still sell PLENTY, plus don't full yourself there winning plenty all over the country at fri and sat night events with just your regular Joe wheeling it, to me that's says more than a few Pro racers winning with them . Phantom chassis are still competitive as any other out there ( maybe add a clause ), as long as the driver doesn't follow the advise above lol
We have scythe and loves it bad fast everywhere we go and for local sat night racn all the other chasis r chasn us and not beating us...yeah we run big events pros still beat us like when they were on prc that's on us not chasis but have gotten really close now at big events on this scythe love it...

I don't really understand how phantom sucks..the components are good quality, the nexgen seats are comfy, they have floating gear hubs and xcel gears to help not scrub off horsepower, fully adjustable rear cassettes, the frame is going to be exactly built how it's supposed to be every single time since it's done by a computer..there's nothing that I can see that would make it perform anything other than better than karts that are built by hand.

Back