Wtb ibea slide for 100cc

Fwiw, I don't like those flat slides. The one I have here and also the ibeas is that due to the old cik rules there is only a very small TB/Venturi ratio. Can easily be fixed though with some work.

You are correct arc, but you will find that the IBEA slide carbs that were homologated for the final Italian FSA motors are a different design to the Formula A ones.. Hence the rarity, and price, and performance ;) The body is the same though, so I guess you could rework a FA slide to the same specs.

You are correct arc, but you will find that the IBEA slide carbs that were homologated for the final Italian FSA motors are a different design to the Formula A ones.. Hence the rarity, and price, and performance ;) The body is the same though, so I guess you could rework a FA slide to the same specs.

Lol, yeh you the guy with the Ibea's knew it was one of you.

FA slide? What? FA and ICA were 24mm butterfly only. FSA was up to 29mm slide or butterfly. But all of these were HL patterns.
Nothing wrong with the 24mm when your trying to get the motor to pull from 9000 either, you have to consider what these motors were designed for.
Prior to FA, the 135cc motors had bigger carbs but there were HR pattern.

Sorry RadialFin, you are correct about the FA motors, they were always 24mm. I meant to refer to early FSA instead of FA. Earlier FSA motors started at max. carb venturi of 29mm, and later went to max. venturi of 32mm. For the last homologation, (I think 2009) IBEA made a 29mm carb that had a different venturi to the earlier 29mm slides. I have used both types on rotaries, and the later one is better from about 18000rpm onwards.

Back