Yellow clone

rowdy66

May have a dumb question here but I bought a clone, yellow side cover, its all complete. How do I determine if I have a big pipe or small pipe? thanks.

dirtmissle

the big pipe will fit a 1 5/16 slip on muffler
the small (weenie) pipe shoud have thread on the end for a screw in muffler
also just because the clone is yellow doesn't make it a yellow clone, the shroud is interchangeable, the yellow clone should l have a 4 bolt valve cover and the ears on top for the fuel tank should have the holes drilled at a angle rather than mounting square on the side of the engine block, the side covers are also different than the blues.

W5R

Red, yellow, black and blue clones all have 4 bolt valve covers, only the old old greyhound motors had the 5 bolt valve covers. To tell if you have a big pipe or small one, you measure the inside diameter of the pipe at the back end of it, if the inside diameter of the pipe is 3/4" or smaller, you have a small pipe, if its bigger than 3/4", you have one of the big pipes. Big pipes are either .880, .930 or bigger, most small pipes are all 3/4". Also, most small pipes have a washer welded on the end instead of a threaded end for a muffler to screw into it.

XXX#40

Red, yellow, black and blue clones all have 4 bolt valve covers, only the old old greyhound motors had the 5 bolt valve covers. To tell if you have a big pipe or small one, you measure the inside diameter of the pipe at the back end of it, if the inside diameter of the pipe is 3/4" or smaller, you have a small pipe, if its bigger than 3/4", you have one of the big pipes. Big pipes are either .880, .930 or bigger, most small pipes are all 3/4". Also, most small pipes have a washer welded on the end instead of a threaded end for a muffler to screw into it.
Small pipes have a screw in RLV muffler, only KY runs the little J&M spec pipes

XXX#40

J&M doesnt have a spec pipe for bsp, just a rule on length and max i.d of 3/4"
Them and Edd and Vicky run a little 5/8- 3/4 id pipe that isnt AKRA legal, for a long time it was a spec pipe for both tracks in the Blue classes

HPRacing

Habor Freight had Blue clones with 5-bolt valve covers, they came out after the 4-bolt

RadialFin

I have a red lifan with 5bolt valve cover.. Came that way brand new in the box.