2008 Icon numbers....

On the whole your numbers are fine. There are a few pretty glaring issues:
- You've got to get way more than 1" rear stagger for a 1/12 mile track. I'd be on at least 1.375 if not more.
- Your seat is way, way too high. For an Select seat at your height I'd be no higher than 9". For most any other seat I'd be at 8.5 or so.
- As you lower the seat back, the entire seat will rotated so the bottom actually moves forward which may help with the low nose weight.

On your LR, remove the two bolts holding the cassette to the hanger and lift the cassette out of the hanger. You will see four slugs which could be oriented as follows:
- zero slugs (either way they're turned the hole is still in the middle)
- 1/16 slugs: the hole can be to the bottom or the top
- 1/8 slugs: the hole can be to the bottom or the top

I recommend running the 1/8 slugs with the hole to the bottom.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

20140606_133502_zpsdeea40e5.jpg

I have axle apart here. Just snapped a pic to see if seat is too far left.

Also I have a top hole and a bottom hole where the pill bolt goes thru the hanger. Which should I use?

Bottom ho;e on frame, both sides. RR seat strut needs to be at 3.75", 5" is a Jr1 seat position.

X'2

Make that 3.75" in the clear between the right side edge of the seat strut and the left side of inside motor rail.

Indoor set up is a little different than standard stuff being thrown at ya here. Better hold off on that for now. :) I LOVE indoor racing. HUGE adrenalin rush!!!

Also see if you can get 1/8 pills for that LR.

The leading edge location of the seat looks ok from that angle as far as a tad left of center. I ran mine 1/2 inch to the left of center. Can tell from the angle, but the front of the seat should by around 1/8 away from steering upright. The rear is a little farther left of the wolf plate/brake disc than I would have, but that will change if you move the seat to the right to get the right seat strut in the proper location.

Baby steps and patience will pay off here. I also seen in another thread where you couldn't prep tires at the track. Can you at least use a tire wash there? FTS, Trac Tac and Brian Carlson make a tire wash that will help better than using nothing. Earl may have one out. I'm not real sure.

Back