206 has hard time staying running under caution

On pace lap or yellow flags I have a hard time keeping my lo206 running. I have to hold the brake and the gas peddle at least halfway down to keep it running. Nobody else in my class has this problem. Any ideas?

Start with the carb. Float setting, idle mixture screw, and idle rpm screw.....and replace the plug.

Float is at .870 drop is 1.050 as some guy online said. Set air fuel screw at 1.5 turns out. And idk where the jet is on this thing. Just got it a week ago. Have only ran 2 races.

Carb over flow goes down to the inside of RR and is zip ties to where the axle bolts in. I'm not sure what u mean by engine vent tube?

loading up

Because this has a spec jet and it is set pretty rich if you are above sea level you may have your needle set incorrectly. You may have to drop the needle one or two in the clips to lean it out.
Greg

How do I do that? Never messed with a carb of this style before. I turned idle up ashigh as I could without it taking off. But it got harder to start for the feature. Had to be giving it gas.and lots of it or it wouldn't start

did you check the piolet jet? Its very small and plugs easily. The idle screw is just below the top of the carb on the front side on the round part.

No have not checked pilot jet will tonight. Its been doing this since it was brand new out of box. Only has 2 nights on it. The guys at track said cuz it needs broke in.

not true at all...they carb needs to be set out of the box...and maybe the valve lash, but they will rip from day 1

Well I have lash set. The things screams and runs great on green flag runs. But under yellow I have to ride the brake and the gas peddle to keep it running or it dies and sometimes takes a few min to restart.

The guy that told you it needs broken and that was somehow your problem, flat told you wrong.

Had to be giving it gas.and lots of it or it wouldn't start
There is no accelerator pump on these carbs - it does not help to "give it gas" -- if you are pushing on the throttle pedal, essentially you are opening both the fuel and air up simultaneously. That's where the clip position comes into play -- the lower the e-clip on the throttle needle, the richer the engine will be at idle.
It sounds like the idle is set too low for when the engine is warm. Set your idle at 1800-2000 rpm.

The floats and carb screws need set correctly. This is something we do on EVERY LO206 engine we sell. (even if they do not get dynoed)

Ya it wouldnt start without holding pedal down. I have floats set at what u had pmed me. Air screw is1.5 out. And idle is almost all the way in. If not all the way in. So ur saying I need to lower the clip? Not trying to steal ur numbers as I know u do this for a living. But how close am I to what ur running.

Back