206 has hard time staying running under caution

It is not normal break in. On the side of the carburetor there is a short brass tube about 1/2 long, it has a hole in the bottom side, this hole is clear and not blocked is it?

You should fill out your profile then with your location someone will be able to help you find a kart shop near you that can help.This seems to be your best bet here

Where should my needle be? I am at 2600 ft above sea level

Just leave it on the 2nd notch for now. I have no idea on sea level. Also there is no normal breakin, just race it and go win. It will get better as it loosens up, but you have other problems.

closest kart shop is about 5 hrs away and nobody around here runs them. our track is the only one. and there is only 4 of us. and its not a huge problem. as long as we stay on a green flag run. and thats good to know cuz so far in 4 heats and 2 features. i have gotten second every race to one kart. 3 of the heat races i was right behind him waiting for a clean pass. and the other i was leading til a lap kart got in the way. and the 1st feature there was 3 of us and about 6 inches between 1st and 3rd. and the second feature i lead the whole race til last lap when he bumped me up the track and then tried to push me off the track. so knowing it will get faster makes me feel better. we have races this weekend. i will make a list of everything broght up on this thread and try it and post my results maybe it will help somebody else. or if it doesnt fix my problem maybe will elimate a few things for some of you guys to help with the next step.

OK so I cleaned carb tried all sorts of different idle and air adjustments nothing helped. I did notice. When i pull it to start it spits fuel out the black over flow. The copper tube by fuel supply line hole is clear. I just moved needle from the second to the top to the middle.

Ran mine for the first time today. It is a bit finicky getting it to idle with the clip on the bottom. But Jimbo warned me of this. The easy fix was to adjust my throttle return stop at the pedal so it idles around 2100 RPM. I may fool with it later but it's to dang hot out there right now. After running Box Stock clones for the last year, I must say, I was really impressed by the LO and my times were almost 1.5 seconds quicker around our 7/10 mile Asphalt Sprint course. Let me add, I also had to go down on rear tooth count by 3. With this, I was just beginning to hit the rev limiter at the end of our 700' back straight.

Back