206 has hard time staying running under caution

I have 3 LO motors and all are sitting in the middle factory setting...never plays with em...many win in Sr. and Jr. classes and 2 Championships.....check the pilot jet and replace the plug then let us know. It has to be something simple.

i will be checking pilot jet first. i do know when i put new plug in for this week, last weeks plug looked a little lean imo.

check needle

I bet you whoever put the throttle cable in set the needle in the wrong position. Pull the top off the carb by unscrewing it and check what needle position the c clip is on. Don't loose the little hold in clip when taking it apart. I bet you this is it as we have had this before when running at below sea level and wanting to fatten up the carb with only a needle adj allowed.

Greg

I put the throttle cable in. Lol so it might be messed up.lol jk. I didn't have to adjust the clip. How do I do it. Woukd the spark plug tell me if I need to lower it?

No I don't. I need to go get one. Just haven't. Could I have the air fuel screw turned in to far. I read that if u turn it clock wise it makes leaner.

You are not mixing up the idle air mixture screw and the throttle slide stop screw are you. The throttle stop screw is centered on the body the idle air mixture screw is lower, and closer to the engine, it is smaller in dia.

Before you get too carried away poll out the inlet needle valve and clean it and the needle seat. Don't run it without a fuel filter.

You are not mixing up the idle air mixture screw and the throttle slide stop screw are you. The throttle stop screw is centered on the body the idle air mixture screw is lower, and closer to the engine, it is smaller in dia.

Idle mixture screw is lower and close to the air filter....father from the motor. Idle speed screw is higher, bigger, and closer to the motor.

no i'm not messing the 2 screws up. guys at the track showed me that from the open class. but ill play with it a little. and go thru it from top to bottom.

They so. But the guys thst have animals showed me. I also read the carb link posted above. What do some of u guys have ur carbs set at? Floats...idle and air screws ect

1.052 drop, .860 float, air screw 1-1/4-1-1/2 turns out, wherever it runs the best. Idle 1800-2000. Unrestricted on gas. That will get it to run right. Then you can play with it from there..........

I have no idea. I just got the engine and never had a carb like this. And the guys in my class seem to think this is all normal break in.

Back