3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction. May 4th, 2024. $15,928 purse for Pro Stock Heavy! $79 to enter. $179 to start!

Ology has again stepped up to sponsor The Hard Luck Award at the JK79. Sadly someone has to win this each year. Last year the Pole Award Winner Garrett Pick won The Hard Luck Award. Garrett's crew then got to enjoy the spirits.
20230403_170736~2.jpg

Carson Haulman is reminding you we're 53 days away from The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction LLC. Last year Carson came through turns 3 and 4 on the final lap running second and somehow finished 3rd in one of the closest finishes in racing. Carson is looking to take his Darren Brown Racing Team to the top of the podium this year and become the Champion of The JK79.
received_2014723672257140.jpeg

This past weekend, the JK79 Trophy Tour stopped by The Original Speedway Park to showcase some of the awards to be given away on May 4th at the 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction LLC.
20240309_070425~2.jpg

The winner of EVERYTHING is going to try to claim another title! Austin Yarbrough will be piloting the Scott Buff/Cameron Reese, Phantom Racing Chassis, Kevin Smith Racing Engines kart at The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction.
AY.jpg
AY2.jpg

3/13/24 0715 update: P1, P2, and P3 now win $50 each courtesy of Tara Henderson and Ed Mckenzie. As well the Hard Luck Award wins $25 compliments of FigNasty Enterprises.

KIDS LISTEN UP! Each driver that makes the JK79 will write there name and number on the back of a frisbee and toss it. The Kid that has the winning drivers frisbee at the end of the night wins $50. Tara Henderson not only thought of this, but is sponsoring as well. Thanks Tara for including the kids.

50_USD_Series_2004_Note_Front.jpg
GettyImages-182892188-frisbee.jpg

Don't forget the River Rats Classic Rock Band is playing Friday May 3rd from 7pm-10pm. This is included with your pit pass. Friday gates open at 5pm for parking and pit pass sales. Friday safety tech 5pm-9pm.
Saturday gates open and safety tech at 7am. Tire scanning check in from 7:15-10am. All kart roll in 9am.
Parking: $25 call Crossroads Motorplex at 386-938-1228 to reserve your spots.
Pit Pass: $20
Entry Fee into the JK79 is just $79, must run a points class, it does not have to be Stock Heavy points.

To ensure you are placed on the T-shirt and/or event signage, April 2nd is the deadline to inform me if you wish to sponsor this years Jason Kimball Memorial. Please contact me at jcholt47@gmail.com or Instant message on The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction LLC Facebook page. Lap Sponsors will also have the same April 2nd deadline to ensure they can be placed on the Banner representing all laps. Lap sponsors and sponsors are welcomed (As well encouraged by my bank account and my wife if she finds out) until the event on May 3rd and 4th, but there is no guarantee of being placed on signage, checks, and/or t-shirts after April 2nd. Thank you again and we'll see you May 3rd and 4th for the 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 at Cross Roads Motorplex.
3rd Annual JK79 shirt.png

HDFive / Horvath Design has awarded the Best Appearing Car for The Snowball Derby and The Snowflake 100 for the past few years. They are also Awarding The Best Appearing Kart at this years Jason Kimball Memorial 79! Get those karts looking sharp! Stay tuned for more details to come in the coming weeks! Thanks again to HDFive!
FB_IMG_1710468405072.jpg
FB_IMG_1710468390661.jpg

Please welcome Senoia Raceway, home of The Peach State Classic (November14-16), as a sponsor for The 3rd Annual JK79! If you like slick tracks, that require throttle control, multiple ever-changing lines, and great racing, check them out on all social media outlets or their website at SenoiaRaceway1969.com.
Screenshot_20240317_102808_Facebook~2.jpg

47 days until The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction LLC. That's Jason on the left, me in the middle, and Dr. Brian Davis on the right. For those that know me, I talk mad poop on how good I am at everything. But I'll always let you know the truth, I was only good in racing because of people like Jason and Brian. But, Jason, he was a racing genius among one of his many talents. He should have been a crew chief on a Dirt or Asphalt Super Late Model. His mind was amazing, nothing was too complex.
Screenshot_20211008-205658_Facebook~2.jpg

For The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 on May 3rd and 4th 2024 we will be using the same tire rules as the previous 2 events, the Vega MDH Blue. For instance, you are allowed to check in/scan 4 sets of Right Side MDH Blue Vega tires(left sides do not have to be scanned in, but still must be Vega MDH Blue) per Florida Karting Series FKS rules. You must Qualify and B-Main on these tires. However, you do not have to race the JK79 on scanned tires. But, ALL 4 tires must be Vega MDH Blue. For other classes racing on May 4th, please see FloridaKartingSeries.com for their tire rules. Once again, at ALL times for the JK79, all four tires on the kart must be Vega MDH Blue. You are allowed to check in/scan 4 sets of outside Vega MDH Blue tires (8 tires total) and these must be used for Qualifying and B-Main. However, for the actual 79 lap Jason Kimball Memorial, the tires do NOT have to be from your scanned sets, but all 4 tires must be Vega MDH Blue.
Vega mdh.jpg

As always, you can stop by and see The Jason Kimball Memorial Perpetual Trophies at TS Racing in Bushnell, Florida. As soon as the date is set each year, we introduce the following years Pole Award And Champion Trophies. Who will add there names to the Perpetual Trophies this year? We'll find out May 3rd and 4th at Cross Roads Motorplex.
20240318_161408~2.jpg

Garrett Pick reminding you we're only 44 days from the 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79. Garrett qualified on the Pole at The 2nd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79.
20240210_155226.jpg
IMG_9381.jpg
received_742166877680614.jpeg

Back to Back at Crossroads.⚠️NEWS ALERT⚠️

🚨🚨If you finish in the Top 5 of the 12th Annual Garland Rowland Memorial on April 27th AND Win The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 on May 4th. You will win an additional $1,000. 🤑💸

This would bring the Champions winnings from $3,579 to $4,579 for The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79. The 3rd installment of the Jason Kimball Memorial 79 already boasts a GUARANTEED PURSE of $15,928! Possibly a $16,928 purse for only a $79 entry!

As well, I have already spoken to David Rowland and Brian Mansfield. We are going to ensure that next year, these two races that honor great people within the karting world and beyond, are at least 3-4 weeks apart. Lastly, per Brian Mansfield, if in 2025, the 4th Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 is prior to the 13th Annual Garland Rowland Memorial, they would plan on paying $1,000 extra to the winner with the same or similar requirements as this year.
This is the Trophy Check that will be presented to the driver that finishes in the Top 5 at The 12th Annual Garland Rowland Memorial on April 27th at Cross Roads Motorplex AND then WINS The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 on May 4th at Cross Roads Motorplex! Please see the Velocita Southern Thunder Facebook Page for details on The 12th Annual Garland Rowland Memorial. As well, The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 presented by BA Odom Construction LLC Facebook page for complete, up to the minute details on this years Kimball.

Garland-Kimball check.jpeg

Today, March 25th, marks exactly 40 days away from the 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Contruction LLC. If you would like to be apart of this event through sponsorship please reach out to me at jcholt47@gmail.com by April 2nd. Although the race is not until May 4th, I have to ensure logos for shirts, trophy checks, signs, etc. are in, in time for production. You can still sponsor after this date as there is a zero% chance I will turn down money, LOL. However, there's no guarantee that your logo will make it to these items. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you May 3rd for parking and pre-tech from 5pm-9pm and the live band, The River Rats Classic Rock Band from 7pm-10pm! May 4th gates re-open at 7am. Safety tech at 7am. Tire check in from 7:15 AM until 10AM. Practice at 9:00AM. With qualifying to follow (Roughly Noon). Racing to follow.

💥💥💥 Engine Builders Contingency, Win and have their engine and sticker on kart, FREE REBUILD:

Capps Racing Engines
Chris Harrell Racing Engines
Jeff Starr Racing Engines
Kevin Smith Racing Engines
P and P Speed Shop
Radical Racing Engines/Tj Newton Motorsports
Raging Bull Racing Engines
Rowland Performance Motors
Schu Power Racing Engines
Tod Miller Racing Engines
Victor Peters Racing Engines

Last year, Michael Trocki recieved a FREE REBUILD compliments of Capps Racing Engines!
With the addition of P and P Speed Shop we are currently at 11 engine builders that are offering a FREE REBUILD to their customers if they won the 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction LLC.

Current Driver Roster for The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction (Will update daily/when my work does not interfere) As of 3/27/24:

Andrew Megronigle
Austin "Youngblood" Yarbrough
Carson Haulman
Chad "Houdini" Haithcock (Inaugural Champion)
Chase Meredith
Christopher Gilgen(2nd Annual Hard Charger)
Darin Coker
Doug Stearly
Drew Wiltse
Garrett Pick (2nd Annual Pole Award Winner)
Henry Hopper IV
Jace Reiff
Matthew Beeman
Michael Smith
Peyton Carroll
Shawn English
Shawn Haynes
Tara "The Tararizer" Henderson

Current Driver Roster for The 3rd Annual Jason Kimball Memorial 79 Presented by BA Odom Construction (Will update daily/when my work does not interfere) 30 entries as of 4/8/24:

Andrew Megronigle (Arizona)
Austin Hill (Florida)
Austin "Iceman" Pray (FL)
Austin "Youngblood" Yarbrough (South Carolina)
Briggs Loper (Georgia)
Carson Cox (Alabama)
Carson Haulman (GA)
Chad "Houdini"Haithcock(Inaugural Champion)SC)
Chase Meredith (FL)
Christopher Gilgen(2nd Annual Hard Charger)(GA)
Darin Coker (FL)
Doug Stearly (GA)
Drew Wiltse (FL)
Garrett Pick (2nd Annual Pole Award Winner)(FL)
Henry Hopper IV (FL)
Jace Reiff (FL)
Jeffery Leonard (FL)
Jenna Leonard (FL)
Kyle Graham (FL)
Matthew Beeman (FL)
Matthew "Mudpuppy" Neiswender (FL)
Michael Smith (FL)
Paul DeMar (FL)
Peyton Carroll (Bahamas)
Shawn English (FL)
Shawn Haynes (FL)