4 stroke vs 2 smoker?

Small block 4 stroke 205- 225cc. 20 hp @ 7500 to 8000 vs ka100, 20.5 hp@ 10500. Do think the 4 stroke can keep up? every thing else being equal, weight , driver, Kart.
It does depend on the track and one's ability to get the most out of the kart on the day... But I'm going to say the KA would have the upper hand. It probably has just as much torque where it actually matters (at the wheels, not the crank), more overrev and less compression braking.

KA will roll into corners faster, punch out harder and still be able to eek out another mph or two on overrev.

/Apologies for the necro.

This is my first year with a 2 smoke. I have been racing 30 years. It's a dap t85 it's fast but. A billit open 4 stoke will kill me. I tried can't keep up . But price I have 1/2 of that 4stroke. Bought everything new have I think I spent about $1700. I also had many clones. A crf 450 . Spent a **** load on the 450. Of all my motor the dap is the most fun to drive. The 460 will kill it but it also kills me to drive. I will also say once you start driving karts with hp clones suck

Back