60 % front weight??

If your talking dirt oval racing, they would have to have a problem running nose at 60 %, it would have to be loose on entry big time, If there running competitive with that it's real simple the competition stinks, or there running big time illegal engine to make up for it.

Funny thing . The shopping cart theroy .
At the store my wife says , you push this cart.
In the first ten feet . why did you even take it . its got a bad wheel . ( pushed hard and vered to the side) .
Her response was it was fine till you put the pop in .
The pop is all in the front .
I moved it back and it suddenly pushed much better and tracked straight .also turned which it wouldn't previously .
YMMV .

I've never turned better with more nose weight than recommended. On the impulse I had 48% but that's the most I've ever ran. I'm not sure what made the impulse and seraphs want more nose weight like that. Would like to know. But what I've seen more lately is phantom recommending lower nose weights with less right front camber. So I'm assuming what they are doing is giving the front end the same presence it would have with higher nose weight, by flattening the RF tire. Makes sense to me. Most I'll ever go is 46.5 being a 210 pound driver. If I run too much nose it turns super well on turn in, then carries the rear end and plows forward like a dump truck. Front tires get overloaded. If I was going to increase nose I would also increase left weight equally so that the weight is only on the left front. But I prefer my setup to turn better on exit than it does on entry anyway.

For instance on my icon (this isn't about nose weight) I got our setup all discombobulated. I didn't understand that the RF and RR needed to be level. So I would adjust cross with the RF. I lowered the cross alot so I basically was just taking the RF out of the track. It was turning in horribly. Like scaring the sheet out of me but I kept my foot all the way down on that gas. There was this small hump in the middle of the turn, every time I would come in I would line up my RF tire so it hit that hump every time. I later found out on the scales I had -3.25 RF camber. I swear, boy was my head hammered over, I could not hold myself up in that seat and it was an absolute rocket on exit. Had 60.5% left and 62% cross.

Last edited:
Back