Adjustable jet Legal in AKRA carb?

Dang how did I miss this?

Page 48.

Valve Train: Stock valve cover only with any stock configuaration gasket, sealer allowed.

Hal as that rule is written it doesn't specify that any changes to the stock cover are allowed. Including painting.

Clearly not any type of performance gain. However, it is still up to the individual to correspond with the tech official they will be dealing with.

I personally wouldn't DQ an iindividual for it.

UNLESS (And you know there had to be LOL) it was painted and polished and extremely brilliant chrome color and had a light affixed to it so that it reflected the beam of that light in a direction that could be determined was meant to shine upon the eyes of any competitor who may be behind them; causing temporary blindness to said competitor. Now that would be a clear Spirit and Intent violation. LOL

Of course that was not intended to be an actual scenario and was meant to add a lilttle humor to and otherwise dreary subject matter. :)

Now I'm a lil worried... I don't paint the v/c, but I do paint my blower housings... I must say, they are fantastic! many compliments, but never dq'd... yet???

Last edited:
Now I'm a lil worried... I don't paint the v/c, but I do paint my blower housings... I must say, they are fantastic! many compliments, but never dq'd... yet???

I paint my engines, the block and head, with High-Temp engine paint and have yet to be DQ'd, so i do not believe that is a tech issue, and shouldnt be anyways. What does it matter what color anything is on your/our engines as long as they tech legal? Im sure theres gonna be someone on here try and argue that a certain color is gonna give me a performance advantage i guess, right? lol

To be clear, my engines have been checked at national level races as well as local races, so there is nothing to worry about with anything you paint, in my opinion. If one of the best tech men in the country will let it pass, i dont see why any other wouldnt.

I would have to question your spirit and intent of your color choice. Are trying to distract your competitor with your color choice....or sooth them. Of course I'm only pulling your leg. :)

Interesting enough though....Colors are divided into two different types: warm and cool. Warm colors; reds, yellows, and oranges, are typically more aggressive to the eyes and can be distracting. Cool colors; blues, greens, and violets are soothing and calming,

I paint my engines, the block and head, with High-Temp engine paint and have yet to be DQ'd, so i do not believe that is a tech issue, and shouldnt be anyways. What does it matter what color anything is on your/our engines as long as they tech legal? Im sure theres gonna be someone on here try and argue that a certain color is gonna give me a performance advantage i guess, right? lol

To be clear, my engines have been checked at national level races as well as local races, so there is nothing to worry about with anything you paint, in my opinion. If one of the best tech men in the country will let it pass, i dont see why any other wouldnt.

'Darn' Zack....Now I have 2buy a RB! It 'used-2b' you could Not 'do' any of that (except blower hsg). I have Alway's ask..."Why?" and the answer was Always...."IDK, it's the Rule"! :)

I asked about painting before on this site and was told it was illegal, so I didn't do it, but always wanted to. The reason provided to me was that a paint job could hide a weld job.

To be clear, I am not agreeing with that, just passing along what I was told :)

I asked about painting before on this site and was told it was illegal, so I didn't do it, but always wanted to. The reason provided to me was that a paint job could hide a weld job
OK....IF, that is the case, that would surfice as a "Why"! Therefore, the 'knowledge' should be taught and shared.

I asked about painting before on this site and was told it was illegal, so I didn't do it, but always wanted to. The reason provided to me was that a paint job could hide a weld job.

This has always been the basis to any such ruling on painted parts that I have seen in place.

I would have to question your spirit and intent of your color choice. Are trying to distract your competitor with your color choice....or sooth them. Of course I'm only pulling your leg. :)

Interesting enough though....Colors are divided into two different types: warm and cool. Warm colors; reds, yellows, and oranges, are typically more aggressive to the eyes and can be distracting. Cool colors; blues, greens, and violets are soothing and calming,

Mine are Fire Red, so i guess that would be conisdered aggressive? lol. I have another that is Metallic Black Pearl, but you cant really see the metallic or pearl in it much, looks more dark greyish than black, still nice though. It makes them look great, and really smooth if you do it right and prep the engine by cleaning it really good before painting. I prefer to do it to brand new engines so i dont have to do as much prep work.

Pics:

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/WeddleRacing5W/media/100_0420_zps201a6a96.jpg.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/WeddleRacing5W/media/100_0425_zps1e548616.jpg.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/WeddleRacing5W/media/100_0423_zpsa2bfad8f.jpg.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/WeddleRacing5W/media/100_0421_zps8704b8a4.jpg.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/WeddleRacing5W/media/100_0427_zps898a5328.jpg.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/WeddleRacing5W/media/100_0426_zps1677bd96.jpg.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5

You may or may not have to copy and past the link in your browser to view the pics

Last edited:
Back