AKRA Muffler Rule

I really appreciate the support. We honestly try to do right and stay well within the rules. In his class we have a gear rule, RR tire rollout rule, and red plate motor. I rolled him through the scale house smiling and asked the tech man what he wanted to look at because I *knew* we were 100% legal. I've always left weenie pipes snug tight since as a bunch of you have seen after a season of heat cycles the dang muffler might as well be welded to the pipe. There is absolutely zero carbon trace near the threads and we weren't leaking any exhaust.

I've taken this back to the track promoter several times and nothing changed. They are standing their ground that you must be legal to BOTH packages and you can be teched against either package at any time at the track's discretion. What really makes me mad is I know a stack of drivers are running the CL4 cam from DynoCams. I know in their hearts they don't think they are cheating especially if they build against NKA. I have not gotten an answer from the Tech man or promoter about why you can legally run an AKRA illegal cam at their track.

I've tried really hard to be fair in all this and not slam the track or persons involved on social media etc. It's done and over and nothing will change. I really appreciate all the responses. At least I can sleep a bit easier knowing I'm not crazy.

I really appreciate the support. We honestly try to do right and stay well within the rules. In his class we have a gear rule, RR tire rollout rule, and red plate motor. I rolled him through the scale house smiling and asked the tech man what he wanted to look at because I *knew* we were 100% legal. I've always left weenie pipes snug tight since as a bunch of you have seen after a season of heat cycles the dang muffler might as well be welded to the pipe. There is absolutely zero carbon trace near the threads and we weren't leaking any exhaust.

I've taken this back to the track promoter several times and nothing changed. They are standing their ground that you must be legal to BOTH packages and you can be teched against either package at any time at the track's discretion. What really makes me mad is I know a stack of drivers are running the CL4 cam from DynoCams. I know in their hearts they don't think they are cheating especially if they build against NKA. I have not gotten an answer from the Tech man or promoter about why you can legally run an AKRA illegal cam at their track.

I've tried really hard to be fair in all this and not slam the track or persons involved on social media etc. It's done and over and nothing will change. I really appreciate all the responses. At least I can sleep a bit easier knowing I'm not crazy.

I hope the track owner and tech guy can't sleep out of guilt.

Quote from post 19
The answer I got is every motor at the track must be 100% legal to BOTH NKA and AKRA. When the rules say you can run NKA and AKRA I assumed buying the tech manual and following the AKRA rules was enough. I was wrong.

How are the heads going to pass both rule sets?
One allows porting ; one does not.
Unfortunate situation.

The actual literal language on their page is "2018 NKA AND AKRA (Except porting heads)"

Before tech begins the owner tells tech what sanctioning body it is built to. It is teched to those rules from what I understand

I'm not sure, but I believe halligan is from California.
What may seem cut and dried on the east coast might not be so common out west.

It's also possible that he doesn't have a large number of tracks to choose from.

Halligan- about all you can really do is realize that they were going to dq you for something or another if it came down to something as trivial as what you said. And the guy that got your spot knows he didn't finish in front of you, so it was unearned.

I'm not sure, but I believe halligan is from California.
What may seem cut and dried on the east coast might not be so common out west.

It's also possible that he doesn't have a large number of tracks to choose from.

Halligan- about all you can really do is realize that they were going to dq you for something or another if it came down to something as trivial as what you said. And the guy that got your spot knows he didn't finish in front of you, so it was unearned.

and I guess now if you say something here negative about NKA or AKRA it get deleted...

and I guess now if you say something here negative about NKA or AKRA it get deleted...
No, it's when you try to make something political, or in this case, both political and religious.
Shoot, nearly everything you post is negative about NKA or AKRA, and those posts don't get deleted. They're usually wrong as far as the big picture, IMO, but they don't get deleted

This occurred at a track in georgia. The issue is there is no way to have an engine that is compliant under both rule sets. NKA allows the longer duration CL-4 which is illegal under AKRA.

or sometimes they are just funny... I most alway quantify "it's my opinion or in my area" all truth... they can't get 6 karts to show up for a NKA or an AKRA event around here.. yet we had 109 karts last race...in MARS... I know most of this board/forum is deeply entrenched in the above organizations ... but with an improving economy you would expect to see some growth even with a bit of lag time... Negative? The exact people here who are on advisory boards of these organizations... never step up and take ownership, They moan about the Predator going the way of the Clone... but never address NKA going the way of IKF if history is any indication the bigger they get the worse they serve... as was pointed out to me... A good TECH does everything they can to get someone through TECH... every judgement call goes in favor of the competitor every time... If the facts are as they were presented on the 7yo's first win taken away because a muffler was 1/16th of one turn loose... then You and everyone here should take it as a personal offense and speak up... if not you then who?

It is and was a Georgia track and my home track. I'm not naming names because I'm not out to slam any one or any track. I just wanted to be sure I had my facts right and you guys have gone above and beyond in that regard.

Unfortunately I've gone to the track promoter, gotten an answer, and all we can do now is play in the sanbox and hope we don't get hit with another minor technicality.

In their defense they gave my kid a trophy while I was still throwing stuff in the trailer so in his mind he won and he wants to keep racing. Until that point I was taking pictures to sell out of the sport completely. I've only been racing for the last year and a half (besides as a kid in the 90s) and just feel like it shouldn't be this complicated. Is what it is. We are just gonna go and get it again next time.

or sometimes they are just funny... I most alway quantify "it's my opinion or in my area" all truth... they can't get 6 karts to show up for a NKA or an AKRA event around here.. yet we had 109 karts last race...in MARS... I know most of this board/forum is deeply entrenched in the above organizations ... but with an improving economy you would expect to see some growth even with a bit of lag time... Negative? The exact people here who are on advisory boards of these organizations... never step up and take ownership, They moan about the Predator going the way of the Clone... but never address NKA going the way of IKF if history is any indication the bigger they get the worse they serve... as was pointed out to me... A good TECH does everything they can to get someone through TECH... every judgement call goes in favor of the competitor every time... If the facts are as they were presented on the 7yo's first win taken away because a muffler was 1/16th of one turn loose... then You and everyone here should take it as a personal offense and speak up... if not you then who?

Can have an NKA event here and have over 400 entries, but yet have i seen a MARS event here.....differing parts of the country have differing opinions.

This occurred at a track in georgia. The issue is there is no way to have an engine that is compliant under both rule sets. NKA allows the longer duration CL-4 which is illegal under AKRA.

Hate to be picky, but you can build a motor to fit both rules, just may not be the best motor for either rule set. Just because the rules allow something doesn't mean it has to be ran.

Can have an NKA event here and have over 400 entries, but yet have i seen a MARS event here.....differing parts of the country have differing opinions.

Oh man... I 100% agree Mars is a small regional series... It works here might not everywhere and i assume that there are other regional rule sets that work in their area... it's kinda like "all politics are local" Mars serves us well... we get to race at several very different tracks... same basic rules... consistent rules... in our area it has attracted many racers who were sitting out... no big money involved... there are some combined events where they run MARS classes with NKA classes (Batesville) More folks being able to race is always good... whatever works...

Back