Another track requiring Adult blue plates

I was finishing top 3 every week before the plate rule at my home track and have been either first or second since the plate rule so I cant see where it has done what they wanted. I have tried telling them its TIRES,TIRES,TIRES but no one believes it so I guess I will just keep on proving it.

Why, then, do racers show up? For those ignorant track owners who don't know..........

At the local tracks, the ones who still show up are most likely the ones who really don't have a choice unless they want to travel a few hours to another track just to race. Not everyone has the choice of several tracks to choose from in their area, that would play a big role in why people would still show up and just deal with this kinda nonsense, just to get some time on the track. I would if I had no other choice, but lucky for me there is about 4 tracks within an hour or hour and half from my house, and most of the owners are reasonable people who either are or were racers themselves and ask their racers what they want instead of coming up with ridiculous rules like the plate in adult classes. We wanna go fast and have fun, not poke around the track and be bored.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought the track owner's purpose would be to reduce speeds for safety reasons not simplify tech. Curious, how much did the blue plate on an adult reduce end of the straightaway mph and overall lap time?

Pull the head and start milling it and make that little air pump make more pressure.(think about it) or maybe just change to flat top piston, anything to put compression thru the roof.

At the local tracks, the ones who still show up are most likely the ones who really don't have a choice unless they want to travel a few hours to another track just to race. Not everyone has the choice of several tracks to choose from in their area, that would play a big role in why people would still show up and just deal with this kinda nonsense, just to get some time on the track. I would if I had no other choice, but lucky for me there is about 4 tracks within an hour or hour and half from my house, and most of the owners are reasonable people who either are or were racers themselves and ask their racers what they want instead of coming up with ridiculous rules like the plate in adult classes. We wanna go fast and have fun, not poke around the track and be bored.

Do you get to go as fast as possible at every track where you race................or, only as fast as the rules allow?

If not allowed to go as fast as possible.............seems like you are restricting yourself to boredom and from a whole lot of fun.

Do you get to go as fast as possible at every track where you race................or, only as fast as the rules allow?

If not allowed to go as fast as possible.............seems like you are restricting yourself to boredom and from a whole lot of fun.
kinda like nascar's big plate races.. they are a bore... would rather watch karts going all out, let the best of the best win, driver, motor, set up,,

kinda like nascar's big plate races.. they are a bore... would rather watch karts going all out, let the best of the best win, driver, motor, set up,,
I agree with you.

One thing NASCAR likes about plate races, it keeps the pack bunch up pretty tight, and you know what that means, and that's why a lot of people come to the races in the 1st place. Carnage sells.

A blue plate will not even the playing field . More duration on cam, higher compression, are just two things that will make any plate motor faster if there is no tech.

I hate plate motors enough in jr classes; the least the op's track could have done if they want to give adult class motors asthma is go for a black plate. If it's plate engine and only tech the plate time, I'll end up with one unique cam and a whole lot of compression, and that's just while we figure out what else might help. :)

We used to run a Sportsman All-Stars class with our region's Unlimited All-Stars series. In the Sportsman class the OHV limit was 211 cc, .650" plate or .650" venturi carburetor with no plate, methanol or gas, and billet flywheel. That was the only tech. I saw engines that would absolutely scream. Most were running Animals with custom cams and all kinds of other crazy stuff. It was not uncommon to see the fast time within half a second of the fast time in UAS. I dare say the horsepower was close to that of a limited modified flathead. I would imagine with similar modifications a clone with a .550" plate could run faster than an unrestricted Animal. However, it won't be cheap. Proof that this is an expensive way of racing can be found in the first four words of this post.

The only reason to run a plate is to slow them down. It's so much easier to tech the carb with a no go gauge, just take the air filter off. I don't get why they're doing the plate thing. +1 what Roaddog said a trick cam and you're going faster than stock. The idea of leveling the playing field with just a plate is not going to work.

Sundog

The plates haven't leveled out anything. The same karts are running up front that were before. They specifically said do anything inside and it wont matter as long as the plate is on there. So we will see. This is a very small 365 feet in the groove, paper clip track. I am going to try a few things to see if I can get any more out of my engine with the plate. If not I have a hemi sitting here for a mod build but the rules are crazy for that class also, so who knows. Trust me if I had another option for a track to race at I would.

Back