Clone Motors - Can Pandora be put back in the box?

Man you crack me up. This is going to sound mean and I'm sorry but, you really have no idea of the inner workings of these type events and what it takes to make them happen. Some of these competitors drive distances of 6, 8 to 10 hours to race at these events. Do you really think they want to do that much traveling to be on the track a bare minumum? Do you not know many these folks enter multiple classes for specific reasons OTHER THAN just because they are there? Do you have any idea the advantages to entering multiple classes at these type events? Many of these classes are precursors or warmups; if you will, to the up coming classes of higher importance. There's value in that to many people. And should they not have the right to pay for as much track time as they see fit?

To state that you do not have to get out and see these things first hand because they are written down in a forum here on Bob's for you to see, is quite frankly just absurd. I'm sorry but, it is. You have to be involved with it to fully comprehend it. Just reading about it or hearing about it doesn't truely educate you to the "fact" that there is a method to what you may view as madness. You have to get out and be part of it in same way, shape form or fashion to truely understand and appreciate how and why these type events are done the way they are.

You're trying to apply local Saturday night racing logic (Elementary thinking) to events that are paying out large amounts of money. It will never work like you have it invisioned in your head. If you think it will then quit talking about it repeatedly and set forth with a plan of action that will produce such an event run in the manner to which you speak. Show the karting world it can be done with a large scale event that draws hundreds upon hundreds of entries. I think you will be surprised at the number of disgruntled competitors or parents of competitors who want those extra WEIGHT classes for the track time. Or even worse, the number of people who don't show up at all for the simple reason they know they will not be available to them.

Your turn to kick the dead horse because there's use trying to put a saddle on him any more.

It couldnt be explained any better than this right here, you hit the nail right on the head with your post. Nice explanation!

thanks rebsfan4!! no offense at all! I was making a general comment on the way that some events are set up. I really don't "understand" the inner workings of a large or national event. Never been to one and don't see one in my future as my racing is for fun and excitement. what i see is compliments from some for putting on a great show and then again, i also see negative comments on them regarding the lack of control....kids racing at 1 in the morning is one that i remember reading. i'm not saying that all venues are badly controlled or handled. i've been part of the madness in handling large racing events working different tracks. i know that it's like a dance...you can glide gracefully or step on everyones toes. you can adjust on the fly to make things work or you can flounder in the mud.

i'm just commenting on what i see and read on here. one says that the classes are offered, others say that they aren't run but advertised, and then some jsut go with the flow....i think there is a better way to build a mouse trap if one puts a lilttle thought into what the mouse is looking for. too often i hear and read "that's the way that it's always been".....to me that's a cop out. it harkens back to the "if everyone was jumping off a bridge would you do it?"....

i love to argue for the sake of comparing thoughts and ideas. i'd love to see better class break downs and better control over the motors. but as it's been said, pandora is not a happy camper unless she throws a wrench into everything.

rebsfan4....the horse didn't die....it's just laying down and taking it easy! I respect what you wrote and i did read it. i know that some use the lower weight classes as a "longer practice" session to get thier karts tuned to the track for the race that they really want to win. i can appreciate that. it does make sense. and those same disgruntled parents or racers are the ones that make your night very long and tiring with the constant complaining about conditions, not getting ready on time like everyone else, wanting the schedule changed to suit them....and the list goes on and on.....

thanks for the input and the explinations! i love to argue and "discuss" things...i learn, you learn, we all learn....and that, my friend, is what it's all about!!

Back