Control RPMs on Predator with no governor?

OMB Warehouse throttle linkage kit on a stock predator with no governor or oil sensor. How can I control RPM so I'm not floating the valves? Would like to keep it around 5400rpm not more than that. Advice? I've been getting to research ways to do this.
IMHO post #2 gave you the answer and it's fix it with gearing.

If your spinning it more then you want then your getting around the track good for now or where your at in your learning process.
The fix is take gear off, go faster and your rpm's will come down.

If your rpm doesn't lower then take more gear off and go faster yet.

IMHO post #2 gave you the answer and it's fix it with gearing.

If your spinning it more then you want then your getting around the track good for now or where your at in your learning process.
The fix is take gear off, go faster and your rpm's will come down.

If your rpm doesn't lower then take more gear off and go faster yet.

Is it true a bigger clutch is better for a bigger person, or is that a myth? I have a 13 driver on it but could move to a 17 easily as I have that.

Is it true a bigger clutch is better for a bigger person, or is that a myth? I have a 13 driver on it but could move to a 17 easily as I have that.
You need to get your gearing close and then you will not have any problems. You’ll never need to move 4 teeth on the same track.
If people run a 13 at your track start on a 13/62 and adjust from there. A mychron would be a smart investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say the problem is your comparing sr clone gearing with predator, that doesn't work big difference, for a 1/6 mile track a 13 driver for the clone even seems off for regular gears, of course would work with mini gears, if indeed track is a sixth mile and makes any grip whatsoever you should be able to use your 17 front driver for predator .

There is a CDI system with a rev limiter for the predator. You'll need a battery for it however, or at least a charging coil

Back