Corner Exit Speed

They should be close then .
When you can see them gain a kart length or two on exit , it does make you wonder . I feel the left rear tire controls that.
Maybe a little more grip in that tire .

Control the left rear and control the race. A quote I believe I read in MSQUARED's book more than a decade and a half ago. We learned it, lived by it and won with it. Today we are racing micro 600s where shock timing is everything. You can feel how one click more rebound on the LR allows the car to rotate further in the turn then drop the LR to power out. Same goes for karts only you need to control the timing differently. As with karts and my micro I feel the slightest push on exit produces the fastest times by keeping it from binding to the track on the straight. This goes along with the least amount of rear stagger you can get away with. I have to admit it got easy for us because we raced the same track time and time again for years. Our karts were so honed in, adjustments from hot dry to cold damp tracks consisted of small things like adding or subtracting a single LF spacer or 1/8" inch LR change. Point is; timing and pressure of the left rear controls the drive out of the corner and you will never go down the straight fast if you don't get out of the corner fast.

DK

Back