Corona Virus

paulkish

old fart
No matter if it's bad, as bad as they say or not, it is real.

Because of copd I already have more then one 3m half face respirator and one which is a full face. I bought the full face first because it allowed me to watch dirt races which were so bad you could not see the track except for right in front of you.

Anyway I figured because of the virus even though I have them and replacement filters i'd get a couple more one more for me and a small for my wife.

Long story short a quick look showed me you couldn't buy them from large supply houses because 3M put national restrictions on them and what you could buy had the price jacked up. I just thought it was interesting being on the news they are talking about how the plain paper type masks are sold out across the nation and it is even effecting what I buy.

Dumb or not tomorrow am i'm going out to get stock of non perishables and freezer stuff. At least i'll have a good stock of ice cream to carry me through. ... :)

I think it's real and we should take heed. If it ain't it won't hurt to have food stuff in the house which won't go bad quickly.

I knew you were having respiratory problems a while back Paul, but didn't know it was that bad. Sorry to hear it.

We always keep a good stock of canned vegetables, canned meats, that sort of stuff. Have been for a while now.
I worry about Connie, working in a public school and all. She's had pink eye twice since the first of the year and is just getting over her second round of flu.
This last time she went to the doctor early, tested for Type A flu, and got a coupon for Xofluza. Best $30 we ever spent.

It's a real bad deal. Think about it, one person can walk into an emergency room with corona, and end up shutting the whole emergency room and staff down. Right when we kind of need them in operation.

The general public has no idea a face mask respirator will work . Or they would be gone . Whats on the shelf now might be all you can get .
Harbour Freight may be a source for them and cartridges .
Tp is low most places , hand sanitizer is not in stock .
I dont know about ice cream wal mart here has had no gallons for over a week . Is it made in china too?

I've never known prayer to hurt, fellows. just sayin.'
CDC is recommending all the normal flu preventions (washing your hands every 20 minutes, keeping your kitchen and bath sanitary, avoid direct contact with others who may be infected.)
We're going through "a" flu bug here in our house, and it's miserable enough. Haven't been to a doctor and don't want to go. Hoping it simply takes it's course like every other flu we've ever gotten.
I'll have to look into that XOfluza, Bob, but our health insurance plan won't cover it, so I'm not sure it'll be worth it or not. Ask me in another day or two. :)

Similar store results here in Indiana - shortages and rations on stuff. Some produce is not being kept up with. Overall, no real panic, but definitely see some folks hoarding the TP market. They really should have put that money in Charmin stock before their hoarding I am thinking. :)

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

I think this thing is the real deal, but I don't think its anything more potent then the flu, we just aren't used to it and cant get a shot for it. But its definitely contagious.

I'm so lost on why TP.... Of all the things. Water is the most important resource in a crisis

I think it's because when one person sneezes 5 people crap their pants.
I wounder..... wouldn't a virus be better preserved by placing it into a frozen state, like on the lid of ice cream in your freezer?

"I think it's because when one person sneezes 5 people crap their pants. "

Freezeman, that is pretty good!

On the serious side, while I am not "fearful" I think we are just seeing the beginning of the disruption this sickness is going to cause whether fully deserved or not. My wife is a college instructor in NW Missouri, and the University has told students not to return from Spring break until they decide what action is necessary--I am betting they will fall in line with other schools and finish year online despite no reported cases in this area.

It is my belief this may not run it's course in the short-term. Some CDC types were talking the other day on the news that the vaccine is at least a year away and nobody has an immunity to it. They were also talking about this thing being around a year or two from now.

Well, today when I get out of work I am considering going to the store--rather than get T.P., I may buy ice cream, before Freezeman snaps it all up!

"I think it's because when one person sneezes 5 people crap their pants. "

Freezeman, that is pretty good!

On the serious side, while I am not "fearful" I think we are just seeing the beginning of the disruption this sickness is going to cause whether fully deserved or not. My wife is a college instructor in NW Missouri, and the University has told students not to return from Spring break until they decide what action is necessary--I am betting they will fall in line with other schools and finish year online despite no reported cases in this area.

It is my belief this may not run it's course in the short-term. Some CDC types were talking the other day on the news that the vaccine is at least a year away and nobody has an immunity to it. They were also talking about this thing being around a year or two from now.

Well, today when I get out of work I am considering going to the store--rather than get T.P., I may buy ice cream, before Freezeman snaps it all up!

My son's school in Kansas City has gone to all online, and most of the college visits he has planned have been cancelled. Some schools are cancelling and sending kids home to do courses online, others are operating as normal but not allowing visitors on campus. Ohio's Governor made a statement about public gatherings over 100 people. Even if it is an over-reaction, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Listen to the CDC and keep clean!

All events with 500 peeps or more cancelled in NY. Indoor racing, games, parades etc etc etc.

My son's school in Kansas City has gone to all online, and most of the college visits he has planned have been cancelled. Some schools are cancelling and sending kids home to do courses online, others are operating as normal but not allowing visitors on campus. Ohio's Governor made a statement about public gatherings over 100 people. Even if it is an over-reaction, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Listen to the CDC and keep clean!

We're now up to 4 cases out here in KC. Johnson county seems to be the target area. If he's in that area I'd suggest hanging out for a bit lol

Just reading on WKBN news site that Ohio has a no mass gathering of a 100 people or more. Includes stadiums, arenas, auditoriums etc.

Back