Dawg Thread 2

Its like blue book pricing .
the vehicle is worth several thousand more if a dealer has it vs a commoner .
Trade in value 1200.00 retail 4850.00
I better go out in the garage and thow a fit .. :ROFLMAO::)

Dawgs just like everyone else I was excited for it to warm up except I was hoping for a gradual warm up. Not go from 40* to 90* in a day. From no humidity to all the humidity lol.

At least on the plus side I got 3 days to finish lemmy's kart, scale it, make sure it runs, and get him some time in the kart to get used to the pedals. Yeah I'm not stressed at all. Between working 10hr days and 4+ on the kart everyday I'm ready for this to be done already.

Also I'm looking into a snowmobile engine to put on the infinity just to mess around with for hot laps or something. I like running animals but after running a 450 a few years back I missed that kind of power. The whole problem with an addiction is you just have to have more.

Cant wait for Lemmy to get out on the track!
Well dawgs I just put my old kart up for sale today. It will make someone a great kart when sold. It was always bad fast for being a little bit on the older side. Gonna miss it for sure but being 15 and being low on money I owe my dad a bit for the new chassis so this is the only thing to do. Plus I am OCD about my karts so if I run both I am afraid I will neglect one and that isn't fair to the chassis with how nice they both are. Hope it goes fast so I have more room! I am honestly on the fence about fi I should sell my fresh stock appearing motor and just get into a clone because I can buy a clone for 750 from SJR and I have heard amazing things about him. I just don't know how much this stock appearing motor is worth. It makes around 20hp in a predator 212 block. Has a billet rod, flywheel, billet cam, ratio rockers, dual valve springs, big valve head, stock appearing carb, cut to length push rods, wisco flatop piston, bored over a little bit, also a tilly open carb will be included. Made 17.5 on Carlsons Dyno with stock appearing carb. Only has dyno time. Anyone know what it could be worth?

Dawgs just like everyone else I was excited for it to warm up except I was hoping for a gradual warm up. Not go from 40* to 90* in a day. From no humidity to all the humidity lol.

At least on the plus side I got 3 days to finish lemmy's kart, scale it, make sure it runs, and get him some time in the kart to get used to the pedals. Yeah I'm not stressed at all. Between working 10hr days and 4+ on the kart everyday I'm ready for this to be done already.

Also I'm looking into a snowmobile engine to put on the infinity just to mess around with for hot laps or something. I like running animals but after running a 450 a few years back I missed that kind of power. The whole problem with an addiction is you just have to have more.
Yea i knew the temp was going to go from mild too wild . 27* a week or so ago 82* now at 11:30..
3 days you got that . No sweat .

Cant wait for Lemmy to get out on the track!
Well dawgs I just put my old kart up for sale today. It will make someone a great kart when sold. It was always bad fast for being a little bit on the older side. Gonna miss it for sure but being 15 and being low on money I owe my dad a bit for the new chassis so this is the only thing to do. Plus I am OCD about my karts so if I run both I am afraid I will neglect one and that isn't fair to the chassis with how nice they both are. Hope it goes fast so I have more room! I am honestly on the fence about fi I should sell my fresh stock appearing motor and just get into a clone because I can buy a clone for 750 from SJR and I have heard amazing things about him. I just don't know how much this stock appearing motor is worth. It makes around 20hp in a predator 212 block. Has a billet rod, flywheel, billet cam, ratio rockers, dual valve springs, big valve head, stock appearing carb, cut to length push rods, wisco flatop piston, bored over a little bit, also a tilly open carb will be included. Made 17.5 on Carlsons Dyno with stock appearing carb. Only has dyno time. Anyone know what it could be worth?

Stock appearings can be pretty disappointing when you run across the guys who have REALLY spent some money on them. Stroker cranks, better heads, ridiculous carbs, you name it, and there is a big difference in performance. We ran them around here and it was guys who put them together in their own shops much like you have, It was fun and a pretty equal class, until it wasnt. Out of the blue a guy shows up at a 1/4 mile fair race, laps everyone in stock appearing and also wins in small block open. And now, with the inexpensive 58mm cranks and 72mm blocks and pistons , the whole class has gotten faster. If you can run it and finish top 3 youll get more out of it than just selling it unproven.

Stock appearings can be pretty disappointing when you run across the guys who have REALLY spent some money on them. Stroker cranks, better heads, ridiculous carbs, you name it, and there is a big difference in performance. We ran them around here and it was guys who put them together in their own shops much like you have, It was fun and a pretty equal class, until it wasnt. Out of the blue a guy shows up at a 1/4 mile fair race, laps everyone in stock appearing and also wins in small block open. And now, with the inexpensive 58mm cranks and 72mm blocks and pistons , the whole class has gotten faster. If you can run it and finish top 3 youll get more out of it than just selling it unproven.
I had Carlson Motorsports build it but it wasnt a full SBO build but it wasnt a weak motor either. It shoudl make some power but I just dont know exactly what my plans are for this season. I hate to say it but I got in over my head trying to run a faster class. I should have sold my old chassis, bought the new one I have now and kept my predator and then I would have been able to have a lot left but I made some quick decisions and I felel like I made the wrong one, I dont know what I am gonna do with it. I mean I have 7 quarts of oil for it so I may run it for a few races and see how it does. If it is super fast then I may keep it since it will be a proven winner but I would like to have the extra money to spend on my predator kart for tires and stuff like that. The guys in my stock appearing class smoke most open karts at the races aswell. Thats what happens when big money is introduced to karting, not payout wise but in the pocket of the drivers.

I had Carlson Motorsports build it but it wasnt a full SBO build but it wasnt a weak motor either. It shoudl make some power but I just dont know exactly what my plans are for this season. I hate to say it but I got in over my head trying to run a faster class. I should have sold my old chassis, bought the new one I have now and kept my predator and then I would have been able to have a lot left but I made some quick decisions and I felel like I made the wrong one, I dont know what I am gonna do with it. I mean I have 7 quarts of oil for it so I may run it for a few races and see how it does. If it is super fast then I may keep it since it will be a proven winner but I would like to have the extra money to spend on my predator kart for tires and stuff like that. The guys in my stock appearing class smoke most open karts at the races aswell. Thats what happens when big money is introduced to karting, not payout wise but in the pocket of the drivers.
And this is what happens when you don't think before you do lol. If it were me I'd just run the sucker. It's already payed for and if you're not interested in going for a track championship or anything switch it up every other weekend or something. Should've just bought a 2 stroke or one of the big 4 strokes.

And this is what happens when you don't think before you do lol. If it were me I'd just run the sucker. It's already payed for and if you're not interested in going for a track championship or anything switch it up every other weekend or something. Should've just bought a 2 stroke or one of the big 4 strokes.
You are 100% correct sir! Not gonna lie as much as I hate to say it I have talked to numerous people who tell me if I got chassis and tires down I would dominate the opens at my local track with a good kt100 just by judging how the karts are at my local track.

Back