Dumplin valley

Something 100cc reed will be very fast. IMO. Tt75,reedjet,rotax...ect. They can be had for real reasonable price now a days.

I think the 2 modified support classes will be the 14.5 cuin max WKA Flathead Opens at 325 lbs and 14.5 cuin Ohv Animals or Clones at 375 lbs. Pretty much 2 rules, a billet flywheel required and 14.5 cuin, max. Plus a WKA rules Limited class, Flathead at 325 lbs, Animal at 375 lbs. Both will be money races, purse is undetermined at this time but they should be pretty good. We run the open class 2or 3 times a year and usually have 15 to 20 entries.

I talked to Steve Horner today, he said as far as he knows the UAS series will not have a support class at the race. There will be just 3 classes, the UAS class and the 2 modified classes mentioned above. The modified classes will be 4 cycle only and the wedge body is not allowed in these classes. We hope to have a $1500 to $2000 purse for each class ( support classes)with as much as $1000 to win. The purse will depend on the number of entries and how much sponsorship money we can procure, so we are looking for sponsors that love modified racing. If you are interested you can pm me or find me on Facebook. We are NOT trying to outshine the UAS race, just have a great day of modified racing.
Rules for the limited class, Briggs Animal or Briggs Flathead only, will be per WKA rules except Flathead allowed up to .080 overboard.
Looking foreward to watching them UAS rocket ships battle it out on this Tennessee clay track.

I will talk to Steve tomorrow myself we need more than the flathead classes .They are a lot of people coming that don't run flathead stuff. It was said last year year we started a support class to late so I started it early this year.

I think including the smokers in a supoort class is essential twards uas racers. The two you mentioned would be great if they pull those kind of numbers and I'm sure more will join that have that type of motor. Nice n simple Kent's class rules $30 entry 100% payback 1/2 way (I have a sheet for that spread if nessasary). Jmo

The modified classes we usually run are either limited animals and flatheads or open modified with no rules on the opens .the opens usually consist of a bunch of animals or blockzillas .there is a open modified clone class that is anything goes as long as its below 14ci displacement ,I'm going to bring my 12ci open clone and I guess run with the opens or something but I would love to run a two stroke just one time it's driving me crazy

Guys, to reiterate the rules that Dumplin Valley normally runs:

Open Modified rules:
All three motors 14.5 ci and under (naturally aspirated) is the only engine rule.
Flat head 325 lbs
Clone 375 lbs
Animal 375 lbs

Kent, we have 20 or more now that will run this class and we all run tillys, in my opinion it would be really nice if you allowed any carb in your class so we could all run together equally. I personally wouldn’t want to run a stock carb on my open mod motor, but I like your class and support you and what you are doing.

Limited Modified rules:

WKA legal limited flat head at 325 lbs
WKA legal limited Animal at 375 lbs

I know nothing about the 2 strokes guys so I don’t have a dog in that fight. We don’t have anybody that runs them here locally so I have no idea what would be fair and what wouldn’t. I think it will be really hard for any support class to come in and offer a class that will gain more entries than what they already have going. Maybe we need a third support class for the two strokes? How many of them do you all think will come if it is offered?

I will talk to Steve tomorrow myself we need more than the flathead classes .They are a lot of people coming that don't run flathead stuff. It was said last year year we started a support class to late so I started it early this year.

I am sure Steve would be open to another support class if the UAS racers want it and enough show up to make a class.

Yea Steve is usually pretty good about running different classes as long as it puts in a good show we had talked a little about getting a vintage class together so you guys should just talk to him

I got a 100cc pcr id run in a support class then run my 450 in the uas with the big dawgs. Everyone that known me knows I like more options on classes lol. Sometimes thats my downfall but with the big open and the support class 2smoker I think id be alright with this one.

Talked with Steve last night we as racers can have as many classes as we won't he is only offering the limited and 14.5 open class .With that being said I will talk to Joe Torres and make sure but I plan on offering my class also, I have to take care of all teck and so on .I think someone should offer a yamma class they would have to take care of all teck. We will get this all worked out in the next month so everyone b patient.

have a bad fast 107 cc superdyne yami for the support class if you can make the weight! bolt on ready to race w/ jshaft and clutch!john/ 1 513 967 5383

OH YES....on the fuel altered's.
I worked, before funny cars, on the Denison.Arlasky.Knox blown fuel altered, out of Chicago. Ron (Snaggle) McDonald drove. Best deal of all was when, going thru the traps....probably sideways, the steering wheel came off in his hands. Ron was not happy about that.

I also got to rebuild the steering and front part of the chassis on Wild Willie Borch's "Pure Hell". Now HE was a piece of work. Drove the thing with one elbow over the side, like driving up the coast.

In fact, that rebuild took place in the business David Arlasky was managing partner in with Bob Chapman. Say not more!!! ;)

Back