Florida AllStars race #3 Volusia Speedway April 12

First of all I dont lie and sure dont need anyone to ease my conscience. Nore do I need some old out of touch geaser that hasnt ever raced on dirt to tell me iAm whats rong with karting. I speak of the real world facts of racing and nothing else. Al you roadraced asphault and were afraid to even touch tires so how would you have a clue about racing on dirt? Just like the drivers that go to Nascasr from Indy cant cut the mustard to scared to touch and cant handle having someone rubbing and bumping them. I have never taken anyone out purposly in all the time I have raced and thats a fact AL. I try and race as fair as possible with everyone I compete against thats also a fact.If it is at all possible I will pass someone on the outside and try not to ever touch them. If you gonna run with the big dogs you gotta get off the porch. Iam 60 years old Al and can still drive with those young hounds and love doing it. I dont set at home on my computer all day stiring up S*** with everyone like you do. Get a kart and a driver and get off that computer and that A** if this is something you love so much. When you do that I might give a SH** and have some respect for what ya gotto say. Jack B is about your age and hes still out there doing it and I respect that. He using his knowledge to teach the young guys something not just giving everyone a hard time on the computer as you do. if it wasnt for your attitude you might be able to share some knowledge with the younger guys also.

Al I don't think your comments were nessassary . as for the direction of interest in driving ethics, I don't want to run a poweder puff class here in Florida. These guys are top notch. Some of the best any where. I don't need them going out and causing fist fights at every event either. So were going to keep things in check. If we have slippery track conditions guys who know they are holding up traffic will understand their making their choice. I understand there will be contact. Again I'll judge the intent not the personal feelings of the individual effected. If the guys spend as much time looking for a line around as the some do trying to drive through their opponent we'd have better racing and less complaining. That being said crap happens. Its big boy racing not lady's nite. No offence to those women who can out run the boys.

Thanks guys ! Y'all are by fare the best group I've raced with. Even Ron lol ! Thanks to all that helped make it possible!

It is the responsibility of the guy doing the overtaking to complete the pass.
If a pass is NOT possible.....or highly improbable, then the pass should not be attempted.

To help Tafy out, the line has goes to the overtaker, when he gets up to where the driver being be passed, can SEE the overtaking kart.
That means that the guy passing, does not attempt to pass if he cannot get his nose cone at around half the length of the kart being passed.

Of course, mistakes happen....a guy thinks he can make it there on his attempted pass, but cannot. Stuff happens then, which can be labeled poor
judgement, or whatever.

Tafy, stating several times in this thread, that judgement will be made upon "intent" of the overtaking driver, is assuming a capability exclusive to God.

Calls are not made by "intent". Calls are made on their relationship to the rules.

It is the responsibility of the guy doing the overtaking to complete the pass.
If a pass is NOT possible.....or highly improbable, then the pass should not be attempted.

To help Tafy out, the line has goes to the overtaker, when he gets up to where the driver being be passed, can SEE the overtaking kart.
That means that the guy passing, does not attempt to pass if he cannot get his nose cone at around half the length of the kart being passed.

Of course, mistakes happen....a guy thinks he can make it there on his attempted pass, but cannot. Stuff happens then, which can be labeled poor
judgement, or whatever.

Tafy, stating several times in this thread, that judgement will be made upon "intent" of the overtaking driver, is assuming a capability exclusive to God.

Calls are not made by "intent". Calls are made on their relationship to the rules.

Really PD only god huh? Better wipe all the existing laws off the books because they are all based off" intent"

I know you wouldn't be able to discern the difference in a honest attempt to pass and a intentional dumping of another racer but I think I can so let's let it go at that. Don't want you to embarrass your self any more than you already have.

I want to Thank Tim for being a realistic race director especially about passing situations.
Everything you have said I completely agree with.
If you don't agree with Tim go find some other grits to kiss.

As a matter of fact, law is not based on intent.
It is based on fact. Intent, or lack of is proven by motive, opportunity, and ability.

If one of those is missing, then the guilty party may plead accident...or lack of intention.
You're way to ignorant of law and logic, not to mention spelling skills to come on here and state, as fact, most of what you write here.

I want to Thank Tim for being a realistic race director especially about passing situations.
Everything you have said I completely agree with.
If you don't agree with Tim go find some other grits to kiss.
Unfortunately, Ron, the very "realistic" stance, in your view.......may be, and probably is, entirely disagreeable to another driver, who sees or is involved in the same incident.

Im not the most computer savy but I did manage to upload the only race my brother recorded, heat 2 when I started on the poll. I told him not to record the feature cause I need hand signals from the fence, my normal crew man(my dad) and signal man was in the hospital. Taft, you said "Wayne was at the least as fast as me" lol not in this one, or the first as I recall passing him, as a matter of fact the feature to. lol The beyond well known Dick Anderson(late model king) was here at my shop yesterday and said it doesn't matter what it feels like, it doesn't matter what it looks like, its what the stopwatch says. Tim, its all good don't get exited, my group I run with you better have thick skin. lol It still doesn't change the fact I got more feature wins then most these guys have been to the race track S%thouse lol. Im still waiting for one of those 250s, I told you before the quicker you get it to me the faster Ill make you famous. Enjoy the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1C7t4qw8TQ

Im not the most computer savy but I did manage to upload the only race my brother recorded, heat 2 when I started on the poll. I told him not to record the feature cause I need hand signals from the fence, my normal crew man(my dad) and signal man was in the hospital. Taft, you said "Wayne was at the least as fast as me" lol not in this one, or the first as I recall passing him, as a matter of fact the feature to. lol The beyond well known Dick Anderson(late model king) was here at my shop yesterday and said it doesn't matter what it feels like, it doesn't matter what it looks like, its what the stopwatch says. Tim, its all good don't get exited, my group I run with you better have thick skin. lol It still doesn't change the fact I got more feature wins then most these guys have been to the race track S%thouse lol. Im still waiting for one of those 250s, I told you before the quicker you get it to me the faster Ill make you famous. Enjoy the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1C7t4qw8TQ

Thanks Troy, I was speaking of the feature, You did say he only caught you when you got to Hoppy, But actually he was on you before you passed Peters, (Wayne Carrs drive). Now he never got into your bumper till you got to Hoppy and at that point I agree. Some of these guys get their nose out of joint with your boastfullness But I kinda like it LOL. Carefull how you pick on me every once in a while I'll show up and make you feel bad about your skills.

The group you race with have allot more feature wins than you might guess. your running with a slew of National ranked Champions. Now if we can get you signed up for the UAS Nationals and up to Tennessee in Sept, you'll find your just another fish in a huge pond LOL. Thanks again for your commentary and help. I for one appreciate it.

Loved the video, That black and yellow nose kart was Heath Dorn, wasn't letting you get too far away. It would have been a good feature to see you 2 go after the win.

It's all good, like I said my group are the rib kings, lol. Some of my best friends are Troy pirez sr and jr, world famous drag radial kings. Google or YouTube them and watch some of there interviews, there beyond funny. We are planning on going to the nationals this year, and I have no doubt the new Batmobile I'm building now will run up front, this one is the trick of the trick that will come out of my shop, let's just put it this way even the chassis will be a Batman design. Lol Is there a schedule for jasper, time etc

Btw Tim I read your post again and you say the group of guys I'm running with are a slew of national ranked champions and since ive beat them, wouldn't that mean I'm a big fish too, not a little one? Lol just a thought.

Btw Tim I read your post again and you say the group of guys I'm running with are a slew of national ranked champions and since ive beat them, wouldn't that mean I'm a big fish too, not a little one? Lol just a thought.

Ive beat most all of them from time to time as well, However that doesn't make me a big fish. and now read my post one more time, I said you'd be just another fish, I didn't say big or small. lol. what do have to do come down there and read this stuff to you hahaha.

Ed Schriefels alone NHRA NATIONAL motorcycle drag race champion, AMA Motorcycle Flat track Champion UAS NATIONAL Modified Kart racing Champion. When you say you've won a bunch of features I'm just saying your in a crowded company right here in Florida.

I'm hoping you do well at the Nationals I'm glad you'll represent us. I'm saying you'll find your self shoulder to shoulder with 50 guys + all National caliber, It's the real deal and no walk in the park.

Back