Gas prices causing schedule changes

castshop

Well last year I raced I 6 states. This year I had raced in 4 but I just don't know how much more I want to do. I run a uas kart and like to travel. I have been blessed
I have a success business, but the cost is starting to make me mad
I can pay it just don't know if I want to. I know I can't be the only one that feels that way
I might go to Carnsville Saturday but just don't know if I want to spend the money
. 1 race Saturday cost 50 to park. I don't mind to pay to park but 50 to park 5 rows back. Well I know it' cost a lot to run money races. And I am ok with that. But I don't know maybe I am just mad at all the high costs.

Im with you. I love racing and in the past we have raced in several states, sometimes Friday nights at one track, the next night at one of many other tracks within a 1-3 hours from home. With these fuel prices being what they are, and worsening every day it seems, it has become not much fun. To the point if someone in town had a backyard track Id probably get an older chassis, strap an open motor on it and switch to treaded tires and go have some real fun.

It'll go back down. Have faith. Once electric (everything) finally takes off, which we are right on the edge of, gas will be super cheap with no demand anymore and then we will switch to all electric karts and gas powered stuff will only be for the well off, kind of like how horses are now.

Also 3 comments about inflation and no one got political? God I love Bobs.

Old age and ailments has cut me back so drastically from going to the races I can now afford to go even with the high gas price, but just can't do it. ... :)

Old age and ailments are why I keep doing it I am 60 Cancer survivor. I said I would not let money make decisions on what I do but. I feel like it's crazy to spend that much. I know I don't have many years left but I have money because I was not stupid. And to spend crazy I feel stupid.

It'll go back down. Have faith. Once electric (everything) finally takes off, which we are right on the edge of, gas will be super cheap with no demand anymore and then we will switch to all electric karts and gas powered stuff will only be for the well off, kind of like how horses are now.

Also 3 comments about inflation and no one got political? God I love Bobs.

According to Elon Musk if the majority of cars were electric it would take the U.S. 50 years to gear up to handle the electricity needs to keep them charged. So theres that.

If Elon said it, then I would just assume the opposite, which further proves, we are right on the brink. So there's that.

If Elon said it, then I would just assume the opposite, which further proves, we are right on the brink. So there's that.
You can have your electric car, they do me no good.
The majority of the houses in the US don't have 400 amp service to fully charger one in 6 hours.
I drive 3 hours and 15 minutes round trip to work and back with about 2000 lbs of tools.
Trying to force everyone to electric isn't going to work, when China and India isn't on board

This takes me back to when the model T first came out lol no one would force you to drive electric anything. You can keep your horse, everyone who is not amish will move on though.

I dont think it is up to Elon when this all happens either. He has an opinion on everything and is wrong a lot.

This takes me back to when the model T first came out lol no one would force you to drive electric anything. You can keep your horse, everyone who is not amish will move on though.

I dont think it is up to Elon when this all happens either. He has an opinion on everything and is wrong a lot.
Ok tree hugger.
It's been proven that our electric infrastructure will not handle charging thousands of vehicles.
If you want one to run to McDonald's and back, or if you work some light weight job where all you need is a car to drive 15 minutes to and from work have at it.
My tools won't go in a car, I drive over 400 miles a day.
Despite you delusion not everyone wants an electric car, just the soft left tree huggers which are a minority in this country.
Has nothing to do with Elon, it takes a 400 amp charger to charge an electric vehicle in 6 hours.
My guess the home you live in won't be able to handle a 12 hour charger at 200 amps

Sure
And inflation is just transitory. Just because we wish something to happen doesn’t make it a reality. Please explain where are we getting all this power to charge all of these vehicles. Electric may be the wave of the future but we aren’t there yet. We sent people to the moon over 50 years ago. With your optimism we’d have colonized mars by now

Absolutely. Between gas prices and people price gouging on parts new and used it’s just not fun anymore.

According to Elon Musk if the majority of cars were electric it would take the U.S. 50 years to gear up to handle the electricity needs to keep them charged. So theres that.
Just think about this, a apartment building with 100 units means most will have 2 cars that is 200 charging stations per building. Having said that electric cars may have a future but try taking 7 kids to Florida stopping every 200 mile for 4 or 5 hours to charge a car, it will take 2 extra days for me. As for the electric kart motor on here it is a neat idea but 8500 will cut you racers by 3/4. Daddy is not going to shell out 11 grand to see if little Billy wants to race.

Damn I love tree huggers haha ...I live in the north east can you imagine being on interstate during a snow storm major pile up and there you set in your electric car freezing cuz you ran out of juice it will take a week to haul all those electric pieces of crap off the road haha and your right the electric grid isn't capable of handling charging but another problem we have no way to dispose of lithium batteries properly guess we will just dig a hole to put them in till we figure it out haha

As someone who has made their money in the electric production industry for 30 years, the current infrastructure and production would completely collapse if we hit 25% or so electric cars on the road.

Believing we will go all electric in the next 20 years is akin to people that say why do we need all that land for farms when everyone can just go to the grocery store

Back