Gearing

Attachments

• A348404F-0E8B-4202-96E0-9FEBF6E8D567.jpeg
    A348404F-0E8B-4202-96E0-9FEBF6E8D567.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 23
What do you mean by gear bound ?
You way off on gearing, the gearing combo would warrant 7500 rpm when you only want 6500 rpm would be an example, a lot of times when this happens you won't get true tach readings, I've had guys pull 6 teeth already and gain rpms. That's why if with the 12/63 it's worse were saying try the 14/66.

You way off on gearing, the gearing combo would warrant 7500 rpm when you only want 6500 rpm would be an example, a lot of times when this happens you won't get true tach readings, I've had guys pull 6 teeth already and gain rpms. That's why if with the 12/63 it's worse were saying try the 14/66.
Can you explain what the front driver does in the grading would be very helpful.. from changing for a 12 to a 14 what would that do

Thank you guy I was successful this week I ran my heat with a 14/67 and left the field of almost a whole straightaway and in the feature I didn’t go up on my back gear are didn’t run as good and I wanted too going to drop to a 13/62 and try that but thnk y’all

if it was checking out in the heats on a 14/67 and the track came in for the feature I wouldn’t have dropped to a 13 driver. I would of stayed on the 14 and put a 65 on the rear. Or just leave it as is. Now it the track totally went away and it became a drivers race.... then maybe that 13 combo would of worked. Just my 2 cents

If I'm reading it right he didn't drop to a 13 driver, he stayed with the 14 /67 but was thinking of increasing rear gear, if so that was you mistake you should of pulled 2 off rear, unless track changed big time, then the difference was tires.

Something else to consider; what did the air density do? I don't recall you saying what the timeframe was. When the sun goes down, I've seen the air density go up, 5 to 7 points. I'll guarantee you that will make a difference in jetting.

What about this scenario; you were tuned just right for the heat, everybody else was tuned rich for the heat. If the air density had gone up, you would be lean and everybody else would be tuned just right. That's a possibility, as remote as it sounds.

Not going to a smaller axle gear could have compounded the problem. One or two teeth on the axle goes a long way.

If I'm reading it right he didn't drop to a 13 driver, he stayed with the 14 /67 but was thinking of increasing rear gear, if so that was you mistake you should of pulled 2 off rear, unless track changed big time, then the difference was tires.
It lugged down in the feature to 6500 I need to go up on gear to bring my rpms back up

Back