Getting into the tire prep game.

^ Yes, Millers is open tire. Vega Yellows work best there. Low/no bite surface. No one is "blistering" tires on the track, but there are folks torching goat or green in them.
Our prep approach is considerably different than the harsh chemical approach.

True statement that all "Black Bite" preps are not the same.
FTS has an aggressive PRW called Black Bite that is often confused with ours but is totally different and used in a totally different way. We still offer our original Black Bite, but we currently prefer our Black Bite 2.0 which is a slight variation in the formula that makes it more user friendly.

Feel free to give us a call at the shop for more info on any of our preps.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Small world, this guy I believes name is Wyatt, he sold me your pink panther and black bite 2.0. He has gotten out of karting and made me a deal on his preps. I bought them today. For Vegas, if all you recommend is the pink panther for the inside I will do that, if it can be mixed with something in the process, even better. I need a heat source for this tire roller, I'm thinking a heat lamp might work, but I won't do anything just yet till I have that figured out. Unless you don't need heat?

Small world, this guy I believes name is Wyatt, he sold me your pink panther and black bite 2.0. He has gotten out of karting and made me a deal on his preps. I bought them today. For Vegas, if all you recommend is the pink panther for the inside I will do that, if it can be mixed with something in the process, even better. I need a heat source for this tire roller, I'm thinking a heat lamp might work, but I won't do anything just yet till I have that figured out. Unless you don't need heat?
Pink Panther internal. No need to cut it with anything. Depending on how soft you want them, I'd suggest starting with 2 ounces in the right sides and 1 ounce in the lefts. If you want them 35d or lower, then bump up the internal amount. 4 in the rights, 3 in the LR, and 2 in the LF will handle most everything from 25-35d. Get the tires the rest of the way to where you need them with Monster Bite externally. Then use Monster as your PRW.
Black Bite 2.0 adds bite without softening. More coats = more bite. Very simple and effective prep program.
Give us a call at the shop during business hours if you need anything.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Wow!!!! That looks bad
That's not bad, just the tire was a little too soft. The track was about .2 faster than normal. Keith does an amazing job every week. But I asked what he did different that night. He said absolutely nothing. Weather conditions hit perfect for his track prep.

Oh lol I meant the one Ted posted lol. The melted tire look lol.
I'm rolling my first set now with pink panther. I'm gonna roll for 24 hours.
I've got another set to do after that but I think I will wait till it gets warmer outside

Oh lol I meant the one Ted posted lol. The melted tire look lol.
I'm rolling my first set now with pink panther. I'm gonna roll for 24 hours.
I've got another set to do after that but I think I will wait till it gets warmer outside
Typically, you'll want to roll tires around 2 weeks before raceday. It won't "hurt" rolling them this soon, necessarily, but you will lose some effectiveness of the chemical having them sit so long before being used. You may have to wipe them with an add'l coat of Monster to get them back where you want them prior to raceday. Having multiple sets rolled weeks apart can be helpful until you discover what your kart likes best at your track. The nice thing about internal Vegas is that they don't fall off bad like Maxxis do with heat cycles. You should be able to race those Vegas multiple times before they start drying out and need re-rolled.

Typically, you'll want to roll tires around 2 weeks before raceday. It won't "hurt" rolling them this soon, necessarily, but you will lose some effectiveness of the chemical having them sit so long before being used. You may have to wipe them with an add'l coat of Monster to get them back where you want them prior to raceday. Having multiple sets rolled weeks apart can be helpful until you discover what your kart likes best at your track. The nice thing about internal Vegas is that they don't fall off bad like Maxxis do with heat cycles. You should be able to race those Vegas multiple times before they start drying out and need re-rolled.
Awesome, well I have one of your other preps called black bite 2.0 and would that work good as an external prep at miller?
I've been meaning to give you a call but this workweek has been a long one and I haven't had alot of time.

Awesome, well I have one of your other preps called black bite 2.0 and would that work good as an external prep at miller?
I've been meaning to give you a call but this workweek has been a long one and I haven't had alot of time.
BB2.0 adds bite but does not soften. More coats = more bite. You typically use it early in the week preceding raceday, but it can be used at the track also, as long as it has time to dry. It will work well at Millers and wherever else you might venture out to. Use Monster Bite as your PRW before going to the grid each time. Give us a call...we've been here for 35 years - not going anywhere anytime soon unless the Lord returns. :)

Hey man if you give me your email address in a pm ill send you some really good info palmetto speed shop sent me.its really helpful info.i will be more than glad to send it to you.thanks bradley

Where is this Millers track located?

I'm not a tire guy but we've made some laps on open tire tracks with Vegas and Burris.

We had success with Bryan's BB2.0 and Monster Bite. We also had similar results with Krug Green and Nall's Yellow Crush. If the track was hard and dusty we'd be on the Nall during the week then hitting with Krug at the track. If the track was damp and not we pulled the tires wipped with BB2.0 midweek then hit with Monster at the track.

However, you may just need one of these plans depending on the track conditions that track normally has.

However, this plan won't work the same for the Burris.

Back