Going from I-racing to Karting

I do think that someone that is at the higher levels of I-racing could transition to setting up stock cars pretty quickly. I believe its that accurate of a simulation. I just butt heads with them when it comes to kart setups

Some people take what they learn from sim racing too literally. In that case, yes you are going to find it hard to transition. Again, if you use a sim as a tool to refine your analytical process for going faster, rather than specific outcomes of changes from cause and effect (x change in roll bar will mean y result) you will do well.

There's a guy called Matthew O'Donnell has a youtube channel about merging real vs virtual racing.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueRacerAcademy

Last edited:
Seriously?
What transfers from pretend racing to real racing?

I pretty sure it's about the same as what transfers from a real job to a pretend job......

Iracing has done a very good job since they made the later NASCAR games in the early 2000, even those were used for training tools. You'd be shocked at how realistic they are. Translating that to karting, not so much. Strategy/endurance and how to handle situations do translate

Seriously?
What transfers from pretend racing to real racing?

I pretty sure it's about the same as what transfers from a real job to a pretend job......

I think your looking at it from the driving standpoint. You would be amazed at how accurate it is from a setup point of view. I think a higher level I-racer could setup a late model stock car

Back