Green plate clone

My son is racing green plate clone racing on a 5th mile dirt oval track. I’m having difficulty figuring out what gears to run
IMG_3296.jpeg

Are you sure you title should't end with I'm trying to figure out how to get my son to understand the importance of momentum ?
Meaning have you for sure confirmed 100 % you issue is Gearing alone ?

Are you sure you title should't end with I'm trying to figure out how to get my son to understand the importance of momentum ?
Meaning have you for sure confirmed 100 % you issue is Gearing alone ?
He’s not dropping on rpm’s much at all if that’s what you’re asking

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. If it’s a gearing problem on my end or something else
I’m assuming you and he are new to racing. Your rpm sounds ok ish. Gearing is like 1/8 of the equation of finding speed. I always take gears off if the lap time improves. I shoot for with a big pipe 5,500-5800+ ish on momentum tracks. The drops are a big thing in the corners are they over 500-600? It could be the kart is locked down or he could be lifting. Id mount a go pro to see steering and to loud pedal. That will show a lot what’s going on.

Your tires got to be right and scale numbers got to be there also.

Last edited:
His drops are good. A few times he has dropped 800 but it’s usually around the 500 to 600 mark. My thing is when they take off for the green the kart in front pulls away from jump. Thats why I was thinking gearing

Back