Green plate clone

He is finishing second out of 5 to 6 every race just can’t seem to beat this one kid😂
There’s always one. That’s ok that kid probably has been racing a lot longer and he’s learning from that. It sounds like you’re close everywhere. Racing is like a big recipe you have to get it all right then when it’s done you say to yourself maybe I should have added more x,y,z. Add tire pressure change around things it’s all in the fun and document what you do.

Stout racing is the engine builder bought used but had everything new put in it because it was illegal. Dawgwood in chattsworth ga.

There’s always one. That’s ok that kid probably has been racing a lot longer and he’s learning from that. It sounds like you’re close everywhere. Racing is like a big recipe you have to get it all right then when it’s done you say to yourself maybe I should have added more x,y,z. Add tire pressure change around things it’s all in the fun and document what you do.
That’s why I’m thinking it’s something on my end. We usually run 6/5 tire pressure with nitrogen

Stout racing is the engine builder bought used but had everything new put in it because it was illegal. Dawgwood in chattsworth ga.
I'll hold comments on Tires till someone that races there responds how well it Grips Up, more than likely Earl at So Co Tire Treatments has been there if so he'll have great info and should respond like 4:15 AM .
Which Tire ? I Assume Maxxis ? Have you tried to confirm the Gearing of the one kart your getting beat by ? Who's Engine is He On ?
6 and 5 air is Probably to low.

The only Stout I'm familiar with was here in Pa and as far as I know out of Business for years now, Where is the Stout your using located ?

I'll hold comments on Tires till someone that races there responds how well it Grips Up, more than likely Earl at So Co Tire Treatments has been there if so he'll have great info and should respond like 4:15 AM .
Which Tire ? I Assume Maxxis ? Have you tried to confirm the Gearing of the one kart your getting beat by ? Who's Engine is He On ?
6 and 5 air is Probably to low.
We race Burris 33. He said a 16/64 but sometimes you don’t know if that’s true or not. That was last weekend and haven’t been back to try yet. His engine builder is outta sc.

We race Burris 33. He said a 16/64 but sometimes you don’t know if that’s true or not. That was last weekend and haven’t been back to try yet. His engine builder is outta sc.

That sounds right your engine rpm is low you’ll get roughly 150 rpm per gear up and you said your best was 60 (he at “64”). Id go up to like 63 if you have one it will help on starts quite a bit.

Well your on a 16/60 turning 5300 to 5500 a Green plate from any of the top builders would be 5800 min so a 16/64 sounds about right .
Also just pointing out If Tires are spot on they will take off better than ones off some , Also any Engine that's lacking known as a TURD will not take off on Initial start and Restarts.
Can you give details on Normal track conditions where you race ? is it night racing or Day time Calcium prepared track ?

Burris 33s give full details , Profile cut ? date code ? Thickness ? Prep and method ? New tires you bought that you know 100 % what was ever wiped on them ? Used Tires ?

Been a while since I raced Dawgwood, but usually it's dry slick and from the sounds of it last year it hasn't changed much. The guy prepping the track is still the same one and usually it's a Burris track with Rollspeed Red, Welch Red, or any of the old red preps being the majority used. I don't think they normally use Calcium on sat night races, and most of the time the track doesn't get faster as the night progresses. It levels off pretty quickly and stays there. It's a very fine "Sandy colored" clay track. Doesn't usually bite up real great, even on big races with calcium. Some nights if it actually holds moisture it can be ok. But, it's one of my least favorite tracks dirt wise. It's an slight momentum track if it ever gets any bite, but usually doesn't get much.

This time of the year I'm sure it has more moisture, and I raced there more toward the warmer months or fall. Still rarely held much moisture. Hope that helps.

Been a while since I raced Dawgwood, but usually it's dry slick and from the sounds of it last year it hasn't changed much. The guy prepping the track is still the same one and usually it's a Burris track with Rollspeed Red, Welch Red, or any of the old red preps being the majority used. I don't think they normally use Calcium on sat night races, and most of the time the track doesn't get faster as the night progresses. It levels off pretty quickly and stays there. It's a very fine "Sandy colored" clay track. Doesn't usually bite up real great, even on big races with calcium. Some nights if it actually holds moisture it can be ok. But, it's one of my least favorite tracks dirt wise. It's an slight momentum track if it ever gets any bite, but usually doesn't get much.

This time of the year I'm sure it has more moisture, and I raced there more toward the warmer months or fall. Still rarely held much moisture. Hope that helps.
Helps paint a clearer picture for me to try to help out
Thank you Sir

Back