Green plate clone

He came off the track after the 7th lap his body was loose in the front. I put a new body on and used zues connectors big mistake
the dzus fasteners under the nose should be really hard to lock in. Make sure the spring that the fastener locks onto is secure. Stick a screwdriver under the spring and bend it out in the center to ensure the fastener latches securely. We run them on our charger and have never had a problem. I do check them frequently and replace rivets as needed.

Caleb Neible don't feel bad your not the only Dad with a son in green plate trying to catch him.
And only fixing gearing, isn't going to get you there , the support group around that kid alone is mostly why there so competitive,
WHY Experience
My son is Ryder

Attachments

• IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 24
Throughout a 20 lap run, you want to see consistent lap times when running "clean laps" i.e. not passing or being passed. The last JR3 race we ran at Capital City Spring Gobbler my son's ran 16 out of 20 laps between 12.026 & 12.193. That's a 0.167 min-max delta and honestly, I would expect to see that with tire fall off. Frankly, we still needed a tenth to run down the leader and have a shot to win. That's deadly consistent but it really took he and I two years to get to that point. I try not to beat myself by having problems like you described with your body dragging, but these things happen to me to. Keep learning and having fun with it. A year or two from now your driver will be good enough that you can give him a hunk of junk and he will still be able to wheel it!
Yea we both need more experience

its good you are trying to get faster. you have to know nieble dad has raced for over 20 years they have the best of everthing. keep trying but you will have to bring your A game to keep up. tire tires tires. Jeff has trailer full and he knows how to use them and he probably had Barret helping. a hard combo to beat

Caleb Neible don't feel bad your not the only Dad with a son in green plate trying to catch him.
And only fixing gearing, isn't going to get you there , the support group around that kid alone is mostly why there so competitive,
WHY Experience
Add the Kid a good little wheel man and understands how Important Momentum is , But that was taught and know it's reaping results , I think it's his older brother could be wrong but he's ALWAYS fast everywhere they go, and He's a wheel man as well, remember PREACH , MOMENTUM ,MOMENTUM, MOMENTUM , MOMENTUM that's what he can bring to the table , As for You TIRES,TIRES,TIRES,TIRES,TIRES and reading the race track surface and what to bolt on , is what you can bring to the table .
Good Luck !!

I'd try leaving the 60 rear lower front driver to a 15 tooth driver . Or even a 14 - 57 yes I know that's a slightly different Ratio , The smaller driver should help bring it up to speed quicker and Recover quicker .
After reading back and re - evaluating things sounds like good chance you were Gear bound so going higher rear sure ain't going to help the cause, next time I'd try a 16 - 57 or 15/ 54 first instead of the 60 I recommend here. And If your low look to tires before just throwing gearing at it .
Good Luck !!

We starting to run some green. I was told by my motor builder target 5600. You must also know his brother runs all 3 classes and Barrett runs 3 so they get track feedback from all before they pick from a trailer full of tires. And yes the boy can drive. He has since he was 4. Keep trying for the big races you might want to pay for some tire help. The track will not be the same.

Back