Just curious

So they are around the lifts of stock cams like cl1 ,cl2 etc. But the duration is different. Will it do any good to put a cl2 in a out if the box motor with 5500 rpm rule?

Yes, you will see gains in HP around the 5100RPM range, a lot of the E Tn tracks keep RPMs at a 5000 max because of this, but if you are gonna change the cam, make sure that your using a predator cam if it’s a non hemi.. they are different

Mine is a Hemi. We were running grooves in the Box Stock class. I believe there were several people that modified their motors. We were running pretty close then all of a sudden a couple of people started running off and leaving the rest.
Nothing is ever checked except RPM. Don't look at anything. Could easily have a different cam, timing could be advanced, could be ported.
I was wondering if checking lift of the cam would show anything. Would it do much good to lower the RPM rule to 5000 rpm to knock aftermarket cams out.

This is exactly why I’m no fan of predator racing, I’ve said it multiple time that OTB needs to have a claim rule and racers need to heave the ⚾️ to claim, putting rules in place will only create another $1200 engine , and for that matter we are already seeing $800 predators, but in fact predator’s are what’s keeping karting alive, for your ? Yes lowering RPMs to 5000 will even up the competition some, of course cheating will still exist, racers are a creative creatur and will always find the grey areas, remember getting air in and out is key to HP

With the stock Predator exhaust doesn't seem like you could get the air out but the muffler may be modified. A couple of them do sound a little louder. We have a claim rule but no one including me have never used it.

With the stock Predator exhaust doesn't seem like you could get the air out but the muffler may be modified. A couple of them do sound a little louder. We have a claim rule but no one including me have never used it.
You can go to HF and buy 10 engines and at least one of them will be far better… personally I’d never buy at HF, go go to the track and get you a good one to start with

There is NO claim rule option here for the competitors to use , mostly so it doesn't just turn into a peeing contest, However our tech guy's know all the tricks and can find if tampered with, and what gets them to tech in the first place is they can tell somethings up just by watching the race closely, BUT there is a claim rule in place the TRACK can claim any engine at any time and if you refuse your winnings for that race + your season points just went POOF goodbye !!

If you want to see a set of rules that have been in place from the beginning of the predator at 3 local tracks go to the Pennscreek raceway park and read the rules. There has been only 3 dq’s to my knowledge over the last 6 years under this rule package. All three of us techs are on the same page when it comes to watching them. If we suspect foul play we take the engine and give you another in the box. Like Racing promoter said. If you refuse, good by. Also, we techs are not hearing complaints about others cheating. Under this rules package I have taken 12 engines away from winners over the last 6 years. Placed every one on the Dyno. Then I disassembled each and documented everything. I found no alterations in any of the engines. So we feel that the rules we have put in print is working for us.

If you want to see a set of rules that have been in place from the beginning of the predator at 3 local tracks go to the Pennscreek raceway park and read the rules. There has been only 3 dq’s to my knowledge over the last 6 years under this rule package. All three of us techs are on the same page when it comes to watching them. If we suspect foul play we take the engine and give you another in the box. Like Racing promoter said. If you refuse, good by. Also, we techs are not hearing complaints about others cheating. Under this rules package I have taken 12 engines away from winners over the last 6 years. Placed every one on the Dyno. Then I disassembled each and documented everything. I found no alterations in any of the engines. So we feel that the rules we have put in print is working for us.
Did any of those 12 dyno better than others? Say we buy 5 from our local harbor freight, we always seem to get 1 that's a turd, 1 that out runs the rest and the other 3 are just equal to each other.

Pretty sure 2 at 7 stars got away with swapping engine back and forth with knowing going in 1 was legal and the other not so much , they probably think no one suspected anything, all well guess in 6 yrs that not to bad , shame on them it will catch up with them someday, somewhere they'll push it one to many times trying to run it again at one of the bigger races and if they do there going to leave feeling foolish when they get busted¹, I don't miss to many races I've been watching .

The Predator deal here is the first new thing introduced with rules attached that what they used right out of the box was perfect fit, , at least for our area, No need to tweak, add or take away all while being SIMPLE .

Been reading this post again. Our tracks as of now don't have a good tech man. The track that started the Box Stock class had a claim rule but it was never used.
If you don't have a good texh man
There is NO claim rule option here for the competitors to use , mostly so it doesn't just turn into a peeing contest, However our tech guy's know all the tricks and can find if tampered with, and what gets them to tech in the first place is they can tell somethings up just by watching the race closely, BUT there is a claim rule in place the TRACK can claim any engine at any time and if you refuse your winnings for that race + your season points just went POOF goodbye !!
So in the Box Stock class the only way a motor will be checked is if the tech man says it will be checked.
The track i was running didn't have a true tech man. Don't know if they will this year. We have Box Stock rules and it just seems the motor should be teched just like the rest everynow and then All that was ever checked was rpm.

Been reading this post again. Our tracks as of now don't have a good tech man. The track that started the Box Stock class had a claim rule but it was never used.
If you don't have a good texh man

So in the Box Stock class the only way a motor will be checked is if the tech man says it will be checked.
The track i was running didn't have a true tech man. Don't know if they will this year. We have Box Stock rules and it just seems the motor should be teched just like the rest everynow and then All that was ever checked was rpm.
No here it's not ONLY the tech man , it's been the track promoter or head flagman request tech , or if top 2 in points and its within 4 weeks near end of racing season its automatic to tech , or I've already pointed certain karts out to techman informed him of my concern and why , and requested tech which with in 2 weeks would happen.

Sounds like yall have it going. Wish we could do something like that. Even though it's just Box Stock motors need to be checked. We have three tracks here to race. Did have 4. Two didn't have a tech man. One of the tracks didn't run last season. One track that had been closed reopened and had a tech man. I never saw him check anything except a restrictor plate.
I think every night one motor in some class needs to be checked good. The track that was closed last year is running again next year. We had a good box stock class there although they didn't check us in box stock the way they should have. They checked us on the stand for the 5500rpm but didn't check anything else. I am trying talking them into using DNQ motor rules or your rules.
Thanks for all the comments and advice you give. I am going to race next year but that may be my swan song. I was 77 in August.

Sounds like yall have it going. Wish we could do something like that. Even though it's just Box Stock motors need to be checked. We have three tracks here to race. Did have 4. Two didn't have a tech man. One of the tracks didn't run last season. One track that had been closed reopened and had a tech man. I never saw him check anything except a restrictor plate.
I think every night one motor in some class needs to be checked good. The track that was closed last year is running again next year. We had a good box stock class there although they didn't check us in box stock the way they should have. They checked us on the stand for the 5500rpm but didn't check anything else. I am trying talking them into using DNQ motor rules or your rules.
Thanks for all the comments and advice you give. I am going to race next year but that may be my swan song. I was 77 in August.
Dnq won’t fly around Louisiana, no one’s going to pay the tire bill and then top of that pay to have tires tested every race. You think a track going to pay that every race? 90 bucks a sample I believe is the cost

Back