Just curious

No your right about that. There would never be any tire testing here. I see videos all the time of karts with groove tires. What do they do. All I am trying to figure is a class we can run and everyone be half way equal and not break the bank and have the same tire and motor set up. I like the idea of everyone on the same size tires to make them equal. Everyone says the groove tires are expensive. They are. I can buy a set for four hundred dollars and probably run them two seasons. Two sets of slicks cost that much or more. Then prep all year.
DNQ is professional racing compared to us. I still think you could use the 12x8x6 and 11x5.5x6 size tires and use their duro numbers and say no prep. If the tires smell like prep or your caught prepping them you are dq'ed.
I like the DNQ Predator motor rules also. In our box stock class it was just a 5500 on the stand rule. Didn't check anything. I think some things need to be checked. Like DNQ does.

They make prep that has no smell, only way to tell is test them which cost money, in turn makes the class cost more to run, which in turn might as well run a regular class. To me you want a cheap class and well way you are looking for tires to run and so forth, be cheaper for you to run the regular class. To me if was to run grooves and could afford it, I’d have a new set every other weekend because fresh rubber is always faster. And that me not “prepping” . Dnq is just a series, if you want to see professional racing then should venture out to beaver creek, talladega, and other tracks. We have to because acadiana closed down and only option left is mojave but now we will have Battle Creek as an option. We tried the box stock rules years ago with a sealed motor and there still way around it to cheat

Smells like prep too cause a DQ ? Thats Pretty subjective . What if someone walks by your kart , with a rag soked in prep , and just happens to slip and touch your tire ?
A class where treads are mandated would be fine . Allowing prep really won't make or break a tread's race . if they got the money to prep , they got the money for new tires .

We had a Box Stock class year before last. Track didn't open last year but there are going to run this year. Basically there rules as far as tires go you had to run grooves, didn't matter what kind or what size and no prep. You couldn't groove slicks.
Box stock Predator that couldn't turn over 5500 on the stand. We usually had 8 to12 in the class. It was generally pretty close racing. Most everyone running was running older tires. I bought a used set to run the class. Nobody here is going to buy three or four sets of groove tires a year.
I hope he opens back up next year and runs the same rules. It fits low budget racers like me just right.

How is that low budget? I’d sell you my pull offs cheaper than treads. I’ve been thru the low budget deal and nothing is budget friendly. Like I stated before there unscented prep on the market

Back