Kart life

I too thought what was being displayed on this show is pretty much how it is. Yes some of the events strung together was from different classes and some results of the finishes was sort of mixed up to give the wrong impressions but drivers and pit crews and parents actions pretty well nailed just how it is. Can you imagine if this would have been a dirt track oval race when the kids air box came off and the dad was telling everyone it was his fault and was explaining it to his kid, what would have been said at a dirt track event? Everyone would have been blamed except the dad, almost every word from the parents and the kid driving would have been bleeped out.
Yes those racing asphalt sprint racing spend tons of money compared to oval dirt racers. I would bet most of them spend more money on motors and uniforms alone that the average dirt karter spends on the whole season for everything.
In all fairness you cannot compare sprint kart racing to dirt track oval racing especially if you wanted to show the family side of it because of what goes on.
That is just as bad as a Chinese or Japanese Pushing there girl or boy to do somthing and going way over the top with it teaching them the wrong things .It should be a sport for fun thats what they where made for sports are for fun not to glot and be sore winners or losers .

I agree BirdFanatic that's the way it should be but the show actually shows the way it is...my grandson raced against the same kids for 4 years in jr 1 and jr 2 before he ever won a race but he was always ready for the next event , he was a little over weight and in those classes his extra 20 lbs put him at a disadvantage until he started racing outlaw classes at age 14 but those early years of being beat and pushed around paid off.

That is just as bad as a Chinese or Japanese Pushing there girl or boy to do somthing and going way over the top with it teaching them the wrong things .It should be a sport for fun thats what they where made for sports are for fun not to glot and be sore winners or losers .

Hate to be the one to say it, but sports aren't just for fun, its also about competition. Do you think as many people would be into sports if there were no winners or losers? One of the reasons parents push their kids into sports is because its supposed to teach them things, like discipline, teamwork, respect....thing about racing is that it's one of the only sports where if you have more money than your competitors, your more likely to come out on top.

Hate to be the one to say it, but sports aren't just for fun, its also about competition. Do you think as many people would be into sports if there were no winners or losers? One of the reasons parents push their kids into sports is because its supposed to teach them things, like discipline, teamwork, respect....thing about racing is that it's one of the only sports where if you have more money than your competitors, your more likely to come out on top.
You talk about respect yet the parents yell and scream at there kids because there not pushing hard enough to get the win disciplining the child because its just something to do for fun.Sports are not for competition somewhere along the line a parent fell out of place and turned into what these people are doing that's how it happened .Second i see no team work team work would be more prevalent if they shared the win but there is not sharing at all (As far as the eye can see ) caused by yet again the parents fall at blame . I dont know what house hold you grew up in or what you where taught but in the real world things like that do not fly .

You talk about respect yet the parents yell and scream at there kids because there not pushing hard enough to get the win disciplining the child because its just something to do for fun.Sports are not for competition somewhere along the line a parent fell out of place and turned into what these people are doing that's how it happened .Second i see no team work team work would be more prevalent if they shared the win but there is not sharing at all (As far as the eye can see ) caused by yet again the parents fall at blame . I dont know what house hold you grew up in or what you where taught but in the real world things like that do not fly .

Your saying you don't see teamwork in sports? Clearly you can see it in racing, at least around here. Having a teammate on the track can help and does work. You gotta be crazy if you can't see teamwork in sports, how do you think these teams get to where they are, win championships? I played sports as a kid, the first thing they taught us was to have fun, then to work as a team. When the kids are young and start in sports, its all fun, but as they get older and better at it, things get less fun and more about competition, discipline, and winning. A good example of that is basketball or football, kids league teams practice maybe once or twice a week, and have a game one or 2 weekends a month maybe more often in bigger cities, but middle school and high school teams practice 4-5 days a week if not every day, sometimes twice a day, running play after play and drill after drill to get these players to be the best they can be. Kart racing is kind of the same way, as kids they go to the track and the young ones sometimes play around and socialize while the adults and crew get the kart ready to go, the kid just drives and has fun, but as they get older they get more involved with the kart and work on it, work on their own tires, they get more competitive as they get older, right?

Just to be clear, I agree with you completely that it isn't right to scream and yell at a kid or child, especially for something that happened on the racetrack that wasn't their fault or couldn't be helped. They are kids, and are gonna make mistakes just like adults do, some parents apparently dont seem to realize that, they try to push their kids too hard, but who is anyone to try and tell those parents that its wrong or they can't do it? I know I dont wanna be told how to raise my kid, neither should anyone else.

Your saying you don't see teamwork in sports? Clearly you can see it in racing, at least around here. Having a teammate on the track can help and does work. You gotta be crazy if you can't see teamwork in sports, how do you think these teams get to where they are, win championships? I played sports as a kid, the first thing they taught us was to have fun, then to work as a team. When the kids are young and start in sports, its all fun, but as they get older and better at it, things get less fun and more about competition, discipline, and winning. A good example of that is basketball or football, kids league teams practice maybe once or twice a week, and have a game one or 2 weekends a month maybe more often in bigger cities, but middle school and high school teams practice 4-5 days a week if not every day, sometimes twice a day, running play after play and drill after drill to get these players to be the best they can be. Kart racing is kind of the same way, as kids they go to the track and the young ones sometimes play around and socialize while the adults and crew get the kart ready to go, the kid just drives and has fun, but as they get older they get more involved with the kart and work on it, work on their own tires, they get more competitive as they get older, right?

Just to be clear, I agree with you completely that it isn't right to scream and yell at a kid or child, especially for something that happened on the racetrack that wasn't their fault or couldn't be helped. They are kids, and are gonna make mistakes just like adults do, some parents apparently dont seem to realize that, they try to push their kids too hard, but who is anyone to try and tell those parents that its wrong or they can't do it? I know I dont wanna be told how to raise my kid, neither should anyone else.

I was trying to get at was that in that movie show ect there is not team work no respect (Have to have respect for your self in order to respect others no one there does) and discapline because a adult cant discipline a child and be acting like such a 2 year old

You didn't see the last episode, with the 2 teammates leading the field, one drafting behind the other? Thats team work

from what ive experienced the past few years as a kart shop owner. this show doesn't do the justice of drama that goes on behind the scenes lol. Youd never imagine the storys and things people say and makeup. People believe the more they spend the more they should get and i special oil and such lmao its crazyyyyyy

It sucks, the parents are livid thru the kids. Also a couple of the kids looks like they not having fun. As a parent and a racer I feel this is just wrong.

You guys are all dumb if you think what most of what you see on this show is real. They aren't dirty drivers but the producers try to play it up like they are. You guys are pretty judge mental from your high horses too...

You guys are all dumb if you think what most of what you see on this show is real. They aren't dirty drivers but the producers try to play it up like they are. You guys are pretty judge mental from your high horses too...
Maybe, but the folks that are watching the show are going to think that's how it is.

Bob, I agree the message portrayed is not ideal and the editing leads you to believe things that aren't true. However, name calling of little kids is uncalled for. And it's not maybe. I know most of the people personally and am in the show at times. Much of what you see is fake drama

Back