Kart life

Not going to watch it. I`ll break out my DVD of "KART RACER" and watch it instead. The racings a bit hooky but the movie overall is entertaining.

Bob, I agree the message portrayed is not ideal and the editing leads you to believe things that aren't true. However, name calling of little kids is uncalled for. And it's not maybe. I know most of the people personally and am in the show at times. Much of what you see is fake drama
That's kind of my point Gary. I'm sure they're all good kids, and the families are all good people also, but if the audience is thinking the same thing as folks on this thread are thinking, well, I just don't see how it's helpful.

Was the intent of the producers to be "helpful" to karting and draw people to our sport, or was it to be entertaining and make some money off of it?
Likewise, just because something is profitable, doesn't make it right.

I won't watch it again, and won't recommend it to anyone (with the intent of promoting karting to the general public OR as a form of good entertainment.)
There's lots of junk on tv today - take your choice.

I personally don't like drama, and so many shows these days they obviously stuff fake drama in there. I watched some of the clips of it on youtube and I have to agree, it's a poor representation of karting.

The most popular shows seem to thrive on what people say is wrong and millions of people watching and blogging about these shows. When people continuously thrash kart life and other reality shows, I wonder why they are so popular. My only answer is people are full of it, I am sure that people are more in-tune to name the latest reality TV star then know who their congressperson or governmental Rep. Kim K. does not have any type of skill yet everybody wants to be her or be with her or certainty know who she is. She makes millions sitting on the coach and complaining while millions of viewers tune in. Heck even NASCAR, which is probably more popular amongst this site because its oval tracking has it made up drama. The writers (yes reality shows have writers) and directors of Kart Life took a good approach and bypassed what the karting community my find fit, because honestly getting a straight answer would be like asking what spark plug or oil to use, there is no appeasing the kart community. This show whether people like it or not exposes people who would not normally be interested or even know what is karting. I believe this is a win regardless of the many critics. It may not be as popular as some of the other reality TV and probably won't have another season, but at least it is something.

this show is mild compared to what i've seen in 25yrs in karting. anyone saying that this is way to much drama hasn't been around much. i've seen more fights at kart races than at any other sporting event. anyone who says that they haven't seen a father lose it because their kid got wrecked or beat must be blind and deaf. the show is ok but not great, my only thing is they focus on the rich kids to much because i'm sure there's people there that race on more of a budget. everything i've seen on that show i've seen 10 times worst.

Just started reading this thread, got to agree with gary10 's #22 post. With havn done most forms of kart racing, sprint racing was prolly the hardest I've tried to do, its close to 75% driver then 25% everything else. Im sure there is a few but the one I think of that really gets and understands a sprint track is the the person that wrote the #22 post and he's pretty cool to talk to also!!!!!!!!!

I guess I have to say it again. It's reality TV which isn't reality. It really isn't even produced for any racer. If it was, no one that isn't a racer would watch it. It's produced for people that know nothing. It's produced to make money through numbers. I suppose you all think, Street Outlaws, just get together and go out and run on any street they can find. Yeah right. Ever notice all the lighting around the starting area. Scripted for TV. Kart Life is about as real as Survivor.

I watched kart life Sunday, it was OK. My biggest gripe was it should be called "commercial life", because I saw about 7 minutes of show for half an hour:( The only other thing that is very noticeable, is the "commercialization" that is very obvious being everyone is on TV, all the Tonykart and Top Kart shirts everyone is wearing, etc etc. Even though our track is at Italkart USA's headquarters it's much more casual in that regard.

Back