Kt100 ring size

One that fits the bore........we always ran o&h rings cast or gold and were available in 52.6, 52.7 etc. we used the one that fit, check with light and set .008-.010 end gap.
So you mean, check the light when I put the ring in there to see if I can see daylight coming through the edge of the ring

If the ring is too big it will still work ok but it will wear more at the gap and opposite the gap and you'll have to replace it more often. Use the same size as the piston and no worries plus the gap will probably be ok out of the package. The gap is not critical, I use .012" for a minimum but anything above that is ok.

Like Sundog says: gap really doesn't matter much as long as there is "enough". Fit and tension matter though.

I have literally... at the track... lifted the cylinder off, pulled the ring off and ground the ring to open the gap to about .050". Zero difference in performance. Testing was done on a Yamaha, at Willow Springs in an enduro kart... kinda like driving a dyno because the track is pretty much flat out all the way around.

Like Sundog says: gap really doesn't matter much as long as there is "enough". Fit and tension matter though.

I have literally... at the track... lifted the cylinder off, pulled the ring off and ground the ring to open the gap to about .050". Zero difference in performance. Testing was done on a Yamaha, at Willow Springs in an enduro kart... kinda like driving a dyno because the track is pretty much flat out all the way around.

Attachments

• IMG_5290.jpeg
    IMG_5290.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5289.jpeg
    IMG_5289.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 21
Back