Legal Spark Plug

After doing some research on this site and others it seems that the prevailing theory with the 3910x is you replace it before qualifying and the finals for national events. Once a day every at other events.

Also these tend to foul easily. I would imagine more so on the green slide. What are some precautions other than not idling on the stand to prevent this?

No early starts on the grid , outside chance of a foul on cation parade laps .
Low rpm high load foul .
3910x has been problem free for me replace occasionally and have a spare .

A resistor spark plug will delay the time when the spark jumps. This effectively will retard ignition and reduce power and efficiency. Briggs manufactured spark plugs have a resistor in them. People were searching for low resistnace and or were removing the resistor. My assumption is that Briggs (Champion) was not going to fix this by manufacturing a new plug as it would be cost prohibitive. My guess is champion was also not going to gurantee the tolerances to give a tech person a reliable ohm number to determine if someone was trying to gain an advantage. Soultion, keep a spec plug but go with what has been proven in the field and desired by we the consumer. Great solution Briggs! I continue to be pleased to be a part of the 206 program.
A way too circumvent the rev limiter .
Then again if more resistance retards , it would stand too reason less advances .

Last edited:
Well, guys can't complain that Briggs spec'd the plug so that they make more money off us poor racers now, right?

I won't have to gap, index, sort, etc. the 206 plugs any more. Makes my life easier.
Now if I were only able to get some of that time back in testing several years ago -- maybe I can ask for reparations if Pocahontas were to actually get elected.

Personally, I like this rule change.
The 3910X plug is considerably better quality, and we all stock that plug already.
Lawnmower plugs are about to go on sale nationwide. ;)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I don't want sound like a smart ass but some of you guys don't know what you are talking about!!
Trust me (or not) this is a good rule for the 206!!!
I wish it went into affect immediately.
I'm wondering if Briggs is going to be branding the plug in the future.

'stealth' porting ?? You mean I did absolutely nothing to your ports but I charged you $200 'stealth' porting ?? LOL.
I was talking about the folks with access to NasCar equipment who machined the head in spite of the 'no machining' Clone rule and
did it anyway because Chinese machining and NasCar machining look the same and there were no bowl depth specs and everyone trusted
that all racers would be honest.
That 'stealth' porting.

I don't want sound like a smart ass but some of you guys don't know what you are talking about!!
Trust me (or not) this is a good rule for the 206!!!
I wish it went into affect immediately.
I'm wondering if Briggs is going to be branding the plug in the future.
I'm just waiting for the first product to hit the market to adds just the right amount of resistance back that hides in the boot.

Last edited:
Obviously its a needed rule . Standard readily availible plug .
Like Jimbo said some one still has a (precived or real advantage ) .
For a short time .
And apparently about 500 extra champion plugs 😁 .

Certainly you don't want to be too rich, the 3910 is actually too cold for this application.
That's what I had gleaned from skimming the internet. Plug can be prone to fouling if the engine is set up rich.

I'll be interested to see if there is any coil degradation after a period of time.

I know the KT100 coil and TCI units didn't always agree with the AR3910X.

Back