Lo206 break in

Phosphorodithioic acid, O,O-di-C1-14-alkylesters, zinc salts 1 - 5 %
Delayed (chronic) health hazard NO
Immediate (acute) health hazard YES

What surface finish specification would you like to know. Last time I checked there was over 75 different surface finish specifications used for the definition of a surface.

Steve

LOL Steve,
We got a new toy to play with on some sticktion problems in vane pumps and of course its causing all kinds of debates with not only what surface valves are important but what cut lengths with what type of filtering etc etc
Its a Bruker Optical surface profiler so it uses no stylist.
Personally I think the best feature is the 3D imaging it does on the entire part Also does flatness and wavyness. Neat tool you can spend hours on playing, learning and debating LOL

Thank's Jimbo.

Is that the break in oil or the regular oil? 1-5 % zinc is a wide range and at 1% is a substantial amount of it. 5% is remarkable and would seem to be specifically targeting something that is really hard to protect for impact and abrasion damage like cam to lifter contact in a new assembly. Zinc is also a very effective corrosion protection for both ferrous and non ferrous metals. Good stuff.

With the Ester based binders and a boat load of zinc in the formulation package, it is no big mystery why it is such an excellent oil for air cooled IC use. It is also a very expensive product to make. Bottom line is that it is a good value and that is what matters in the end. Briggs has thought this entire package out well. That includes making an oil available that can and does do something to actually increase the life of the engine and reduce the amount of misery associated with ownership. This is how to attract and maintain quality people in karting. Tip of the hat to Briggs.

The acute health hazard is interesting. I looked up the IDLH threshold for the materials (Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health) in CFR 61. From what I can tell, I would guess that the biggest danger to life would be a bystander being shot with a high velocity rectum rocket launched by the poor SOB that drank it!

LOL Steve,
We got a new toy to play with on some sticktion problems in vane pumps and of course its causing all kinds of debates with not only what surface valves are important but what cut lengths with what type of filtering etc etc
Its a Bruker Optical surface profiler so it uses no stylist.
Personally I think the best feature is the 3D imaging it does on the entire part Also does flatness and wavyness. Neat tool you can spend hours on playing, learning and debating LOL

LOL Angery...........I think I could spend a lifetime studying surface finish and still not know it all........! I like your Bruker Optical surface profiler...I think I need one for our shop.

Steve

I like to warm it up, check the valve lash then work on a few beers while my son does laps. YMMV but this has worked good for me so far. To be honest this Briggs engine is pretty much ready to go. I worry more about checking that I got right amount of oil and that all the bolts connecting it to the kart are tight then do with break in.

I like to warm it up, check the valve lash then work on a few beers while my son does laps. YMMV but this has worked good for me so far. To be honest this Briggs engine is pretty much ready to go. I worry more about checking that I got right amount of oil and that all the bolts connecting it to the kart are tight then do with break in.
Lol, 'work on a few beers' :LOL:

Back